Subscribe to vi . model-m == life        RSS Feed
- - - - -

[HTGAJDJWAIB] The Java Collections Framework

Icon Leave Comment
This post is part of the HTGAJDJWAIB series of posts....
- - - - -

How to get a Java development job within an investment bank (or HTGAJDJWAIB)

Icon Leave Comment
Some background first, I'm a Senior Java Dev who works in investment banks based in London. I work as a contractor (which for those not familiar means that I'm not a permanent employee, I have a set term contract) and have done for 14 years. I graduated in 1993 and have worked as a software engineer ever since. I can honestly say I love my...
- - - - -

A Bunch of Crazy Mothers

Icon Leave Comment
As a contractor with over 10 years experience working in investment banks in London I've met a lot of people. Some have been excellent co-workers, some run of the mill and some I just down right didn't like. In most companies you usually get a few people who do some weird things. I worked at one bank where it seemed like all the permanent...
- - - - -

Banging your head against that wall

Icon Leave Comment
Some days your abilities as a programmer get pushed aside and you spend most of your time bashing your head against an immoveable brick wall.

Today was one of those days.

It started off as an easy task. The application I work on send message via a bespoke messaging service (based on Tibco) and they had done an upgrade on Tuesday evening. That...
- - - - -

Days like these

Icon Leave Comment
On a day such as this one can't expect to acheive the world. Nor can one expect to sit around counting the minutes before it's time to leave. In the middle lies the rich soil of daily programming, problem solving and helping people. Periods of laughter, periods of tiredness, periods of activity, periods of thinking.

Some days you spend...
- - - - -

Which IDE

Icon Leave Comment
OK, OK. This has been done to death elsewhere but I want to get my thoughts down regarding IDEs.

For years I never used one because they were slow and rubbish but 5 years ago I started using Eclipse and discovered that they could be useful. Since then I've mostly used Eclipse but over the last year I've deliberately been trying out...

Page 1 of 1

Recent Entries

Search My Blog

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)