Subscribe to Tech Philosophy        RSS Feed
- - - - -

FAQ: Does touchmove.preventDefault() Disable The Two Finger Scrolling?

Icon Leave Comment
FAQ will be a section here in the blog where I'll be discussing things that usually pop in my mind while I'm developing something

No. The two-finger scrolling in iOS was created to scroll areas like <textarea> and other objects, so you can't disable it.
- - - - -

Building a Title Bar

Icon Leave Comment
On every mobile WebApp one of the most important things for the UI of your application is the title bar. Here is an example I made:

Image reduced in size

I've made that using a pattern on Photoshop. If you want to use it as a template you can get it here. You should add at your HTML source this simple code at the <body> tag:
- - - - -

Recommendation: HTML5 Mobile Web Development

Icon Leave Comment
Image reduced in size

What really made me start digging into this world of WebApps was that I wanted to start developing for iOS, so I bought a book about iOS development from Pragmatic Programmers called iPhone SDK Development...
- - - - -

Bringing Your Java Application To Mac OS X

Icon Leave Comment
I know, I know. I got do an off-topic post because in 4 hours I've successfully converted the Bringing Your Java Application To Mac OS X from the SDN to some more portable formats like PDF, Mobi(for Kindles) and ePub. This is the cover image that I've designed:
Image reduced in size
- - - - -

PhoneGap Is The Present and Future on iOS, but on Android...

Icon Leave Comment
I've been developing applications for computers since 2005, 3 years ago I've started developing mobile applications for Windows Mobile. I felt in love with mobile development since then. When iOS came out I couldn't go for it because of two things, first: Objective-C, I have a big problem with C languages, I hate C and I can't...
- - - - -

Nathan Galaxy Tab Wallpaper Pack 1

Icon Leave Comment
I've been looking for some good wallpapers for my brand new Galaxy Tab, so I got some of the photos I took(the best ones) and started to resize and crop to the resolution of 1200x1024, which is the resolution that the Galaxy Tab wallpapers are better displayed.

Image reduced in size
- - - - -

iOS 5 Biggest Problem

Icon Leave Comment
Image reduced in size

I know my iPad is a bit old and out-dated(it's the first generation), but iOS 5 on it has some problems, but the biggest one is a problem that I never seen on iOS before: Instability.

Even after updating to the beta 4 yesterday the OS is freezing and a lot of games are closing(looks like memory issues). Even applications like the ...
- - - - -

Springboard in iOS 5

Icon Leave Comment
Image reduced in size
- - - - -

I'm Back!

Icon 2 Comments
Ok, since the last post I moved this blog to Blogspot, Wordpress(can't remember the link lol) and Newsvine...
- - - - -

Going To Blogger

Icon Leave Comment
New Blog URL!
Image reduced in size

It was a good time here at D.I.C. blogs, but I'm moving every thing to my new Blogger site. There it will be a lot easier to post things on the blog, because I have a client for my cellphone and palmtops :)

• (3 Pages)
  • +

September 2014

S M T W T F S
141516 17 181920

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)