Subscribe to So you think you can code?        RSS Feed
-----

XNA Tutorial Series

Icon 5 Comments
So I really want to write my own XNA tutorial series in the hopes that it will help others get past a few of the hurdles that I ran into when learning XNA. As always, finding free time to write these tutorials is the hard part, as I work full time, spend about 3 hours a day driving to and from work and have a wife soaking up my time. On top of that, I'm an avid MMO player and have recently began throwing my free time at Rift. In the meantime, I'm thinking of holding off on the tutorial series and possibly take some requests from the community on tutorials in XNA that they've had trouble finding, or something they want to know more about in the XNA framework. So if any of you out there have anything specific you'd like to see, let me know and I'll take some time over the next week or two and write a tutorial or two.

5 Comments On This Entry

Page 1 of 1

Fib Icon

03 March 2011 - 08:58 AM
Sorry that this has nothing to do with XNA tutorials, but I was curious how you liked Rift? Is it worth the monthly subscription?

Kilorn Icon

03 March 2011 - 09:56 AM
I'm having a blast playing it. I'd highly recommend it if you like MMO's. Really deep storyline too. Not as deep or intricate as the Warcraft lore, but Warcraft lore has also been around for what, 15 years? As far as I can tell, this game is going to last for a long time as long as the devs continue the great work they've already put forth on the project.

SixOfEleven Icon

03 March 2011 - 03:48 PM
With your space shooter challenge just about finished why not write a series on creating a top down shooter? I'd think something like that would be quite popular.

Kilorn Icon

03 March 2011 - 04:58 PM
That's a really good idea. I'll try to set aside some time and throw something together over the next week or so.

Joe Klemmer Icon

03 March 2011 - 06:57 PM
I haven't yet started doing anything related to XNA but it is high on the list of things to do soon. Therefor, anything you do WRT tutorials will be useful.
Page 1 of 1

Trackbacks for this entry [ Trackback URL ]

There are no Trackbacks for this entry

August 2014

S M T W T F S
2425262728 29 30

Tags

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

1 user(s) viewing

1 Guests