Subscribe to Blog.Parse(typeof(PsychoCoder), Richard McCutchen);        RSS Feed

Working with Environment Variables in C#

Icon Leave Comment
Recently I have seen quite a few posts looking for to read & set Environment variables in C#, so I thought it was time for a blog posting going over the ins and outs of this process. While the .Net Framework has classes & methods for reading and updating environment variables, namely the Environment Class...

For Safety Sake - Parameterized Queries

Icon 2 Comments
In this series we're going to be looking at ways you can protect yourself & application data from malicious attacks from outside sources. This first entry we're be looking at parameterized queries to help protect against SQL Injection attacks. So many times I see people, especially new programmers, who are using code that interacts...

Five Oficial Levels of data loss grief

Icon Leave Comment
I'll post this here since it's more funny than anything (thanks for the link @timheuer).

I'm sure we've all been here at least one point in our computing lives (God knows I have, actually more than once), so here are the official 5 stages of data loss:

• Denial
- - - - -

jQuery Data Linking - Coming to a plug-in near you

Icon 2 Comments
Hey readers, sorry for the absence, been kind of busy lately but never fear I'm still here :)

Anyhow on to the topic of this post. Microsoft has recently made a proposal to the jQuery Project outlining data linking, properties of an object linking to one another. That would allow changes to a property on an object (Object A) to affect a...
- - - - -

Parse an INI file with C# & P/Invoke

Icon 1 Comments
Today we're going to look at parsing an INI file with Win32 API's. Now I'm sure there are thousands of ways to accomplish this task, I just prefer to use P/Invoke, it's more straightforward for me and is less complicated (in my opinion). One thing to remember is when using a Win32 API you need to release the object as soon as...
- - - - -

Apple's at it again, Section 3.1.1

Icon 13 Comments
Apple has taken a stance to allow only 3 languages to be allowed to be used for writing applications for their iPhone, and I knew it was just a matter of time before they pulled something like this.

I call bullshit here! Not doing it would give Apple less than 100% control developers, which would take away from their dream of Apple...
* * * * -

Visual Studio 2010 & C# 4.0 Released to the world

Icon 2 Comments
Well as all you .Net developers out there know C# 4.0 Well .Net 4.0) and Visual Studio 2010 were released to the public today (took them long enough I might add, and with the anticipation increased by their maintenance Sunday night into Monday morning). I took the time on my little DSL line to download the 2.3GB ISO file from Microsoft, and in my...
- - - - -

C# 4.0 Coming : New Features - 64-Bit Support & Background Garbage Collection

Icon Leave Comment
In my first entry we looked at Named & Optional parameters, and in my second entry we looked at Parallel programming, ow in my third entry on the upcoming release of C# 4.0 we'll look at 64-Bit support and improved garbage collection.

64-Bit Operating Systems & 64-Bit Process Support...
- - - - -

C# 4.0 Countdown : New Features - Parallel Programming

Icon Leave Comment
EDIT: I know this was supposed (by my on mouth) been posted last night, but soome things came up and I got behind. I'll try to post one more tonight to be back on track.

In yesterdays post...
- - - - -

C# 4.0 Countdown : New Features - Optional & Named Parameters

Icon Leave Comment
With the release of Visual Studio 2010 & .Net 4.0 just 4 days I thought I'd do a few blog posts highlighting some of the new features of .Net 4.0. The first we will look at is optional parameters. Most believe Microsoft has added this feature as part of their plans to create a single unified .Net language.

The addition of this to the C#...

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

October 2014

S M T W T F S
19 20 2122232425

Recent Entries

Search My Blog

3 user(s) viewing

3 Guests
0 member(s)