Subscribe to Journey Through Game Institute        RSS Feed
- - - - -

Chapter 4: Pointers and References... (shutter)

Icon 2 Comments
Ahh I remember being a junior in college thinking to myself, "I %&*#& hate C." I did, I hated C solely because I frequently had to use pointers in my assignments and I didn't like them. I was use to the good ol' days of Java when you couldn't even see pointers (as far as I know or care).

You can imagine my joy when...
- - - - -

Game Institute Lesson 3: Hubris

Icon Leave Comment
- - - - -

Game Institute Lesson 2

Icon Leave Comment
Lesson 2 focuses on arrays, loops, and conditions. C++ is very similar to Java in regards to these concepts, so the lesson went by very quickly. I did stumble across one totally new concept to me.
for (int cnt1 = 0, int cnt2 = 9; cnt1 < 10; ++cnt1, --cnt2){     //do stuff}
- - - - -

Game Institute's books and Quiz 1

Icon Leave Comment
Life sure has been busy. For anyone not familiar with my schedule, let me give you an overview. I work around 45 hours a week, I'm the Python forum leader, I write a blog in addition to this one, I am signed up for 4 online classes from the Game Institute, I volunteered to do some work for PARPG...
- - - - -

Hello C++ Console apps!

Icon 2 Comments
To start, I dug up a copy of Visual C++ 2008 express edition. Visual C++ was very highly recommended, so I figured it was best to listen... they are the teachers.

Lesson 1 of C++ Module I is working with the absolute basics of C++, I/O. Admittedly, I really haven't written many C++ console apps. My job usually requires that I fix...
- - - - -

Hello Game Institute!

Icon 3 Comments
Introduction
Hello Dream in code users! I'm Adam aka atraub...

Page 1 of 1

October 2014

S M T W T F S
26272829 30 31 

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)