Subscribe to OK Where Are You!? Oh There!        RSS Feed
- - - - -

Windows 7 Discoveries

Icon Leave Comment
So the first time I ever go into the Computer forum and I learn some new things about Windows 7...

The following thread, 19 Tips Every Windows 7 User Needs To Know pretty useful. I'd recommend you check it out.

Alt + Tab

- - - - -

IE 9 Annoyances

Icon Leave Comment
I've been using IE9 for the last couple of days - crazy I know! The reason for that, is all the articles about how it's security is vastly improved from past versions.

I've noticed a few things though that bother me:

- - - - -

Day 2: It's a Windows thing.

Icon Leave Comment
So I'd say 70% of my stuff is done being installed or downloaded. I started the windows update process and BOOM. Over 1 GB to download, 45 or 43 updates if I remember correctly. And that's not even all the updates, there's still a whole bunch of Office updates - help files mainly. Who needs that anyway.

At least port forwarding has...
- - - - -

Realisation

Icon Leave Comment
The downloading process seems to take forever. Wish I could get a faster DSL line :wheelchair:

I don't know if anyone's noticed it, but the Google search bar that use to be at the bottom of search results has gone. It wasn't issue, but I miss it. Whenever I'm searching for something and scrolling down the page, in most cases...
- - - - -

Windows why?!

Icon Leave Comment
It always seems that Windows is out to get. More times than not it's failed on me when I needed it most.

I was busy finishing my Joomla! final year project when Windows decided to not respond to anyting. As soon as I clicked on an .exe it wouldn't run and soon after it would just freeze.

I literally tried everything. It reminded me...
- - - - -

Time Theft continued

Icon Leave Comment
So, I've tried the whole hiding in a dark room with just a PC and the monitor showing nothing but code...

AND it didn't work. I've done just 20+ pages of this Java book and already I'm ordered to do this and that and this and that.

Going to try the "ignore" technique. But it doesn't look too great.

They always...
- - - - -

Time Theft

Icon Leave Comment
Every single time I have a day off from college, I plan it carefully. I use it to learn Java - try and get through as much as possible. BUT does this ever happen accordingly... NO!

I'm always nagged by someone to do something and it's never for a couple of minutes, it's hours. Example: mom tells me to take her to the doc to get...
- - - - -

Joomla! You b****

Icon Leave Comment
So for the last 2-3 months we've been doing Joomla! at college. As a way to show us how CMS works. I've just come to realise that I hate it. Just working with it is a mission. All the tiny little things that could destroy (at the time) EVERYTHING.

Installed a plug-in from Joomla! extensions and it didn't work as I'd...

Page 1 of 1

Recent Entries

July 2014

S M T W T F S
27 28 293031