Subscribe to Jack of all Languages        RSS Feed
- - - - -

Coursera: Programming Languages by Dan Grossman

Icon Leave Comment
Classic Rock intros; a guy with a PhD jumping up and down; and function subtyping being contravariant in the arguments: These are three things I did not expect from a course in Programming languages.

I signed up to the Coursera course in Programming Languages by Dan Grossman because I have an interest in learning programming languages. I...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

Icon 2 Comments
Back in October I started my latest programming project. Not some game or utility or mobile app. This project was to learn a bunch of different programming languages all at the same time. After writing the mandatory “Hello Worlds” I set about my first real task. Something simple, something easy...

What could be easier than getting a computer to...

Hello in Ten Languages

Icon 11 Comments
I woke up surrounded by the debris of the night before. I pushed past the empty coke cans and brought my laptop out of hibernation. As the hard drive spun into action, the screen flicked on revealing a desktop littered with used language installers.

Welcome to day two of my project. I have set out to learn ten programming languages and the first...
- - - - -

Challenge Statement

Icon 19 Comments
I've never been one for learning new languages. Sure, I talk about it loads and dabble a bit, but when it comes to solving a real problem, I always turn to whatever I'm most familiar with. For the last 11 years, that has been Java. Before that it was different versions of BASIC.

So, I'm setting myself a challenge and I'm inviting...

Page 1 of 1

July 2014

S M T W T F S
202122 23 242526

Tags

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
    0 member(s)
    0 anonymous member(s)