Subscribe to tlhIn`toq's Blog        RSS Feed
- - - - -

Be about the code

Icon Leave Comment
I just spent an hour+ writing this in response to a specific thread. When I was done I thought it might be good as a blog entry. All too often we see rookies ask a question, provide virtually no code and ask for "help" with it, but there isn't anything to help with. Then when we suggest they either need to make some effort for us...
- - - - -

2014 desk arrangement - 3 monitor laptop

Icon Leave Comment
Today's laptops are more powerful than top end desktops were just a couple years ago.
My HP DV7t is 8 core, 32gig RAM, 2 hard drives - Easily powerful enough for development.
But anyone who knows me, knows I'm a screen real estate pig. No problem them thanks to a couple SIIG USB3 to HDMI adapters. Now I'm rocking a three screen...
- - - - -

A fix for ReSharper won't reorder and #REGION

Icon Leave Comment
Anybody that has been in Visual Studio for more than a month has probably discovered that having your methods and properties all over the place, or just appending at the end of the file as you write the class, pretty much sucks. The Add-In ReSharper...
- - - - -

Change in activity level

Icon Leave Comment
01aug13: I've changed employers and no longer working at home. So I won't be answering posts in real-time through out the work day. Don't take this as disinterest in the site. Its just I can't do that from a new office as a new employee. So its nights and weekends for me.

Would you show me how to build this program?

Icon Leave Comment
I've seen this a lot lately. I'm starting to think people asking this don't really grasp the depth of what they are asking. So let me spell it out. You are asking that a volunteer:

• Architect a design for your program.
* - - - -

Write Senator Feinstein and tell her she is on the wrong path

Icon Leave Comment
This is a blog entry - as such it is my personal opinion and may not be the opinion of the management of this site.

My letter to senator Feinstein:...
* - - - -

Even the Russians are warning us not to give up our guns / 2nd Amendment rights.

Icon Leave Comment
The following is a blog entry. My personal commentary and opinion. It is not necessarily the opinion of the management of this technology site.

* * * - -

Protect your constitutional rights!

Icon Leave Comment
I don’t post/forward this stuff often. But protecting second amendment rights is vital. The page and video below are very well done and do a great job of educating the public on what exactly is ‘semi automatic’ and how most guns are semi-auto and that doesn’t make them ‘assault weapons’. Please feel free to send this to others to help educate...
* - - - -

On the 'good' list for Christmas

Icon Leave Comment
  • 15 high-capacity (30 round) polycarb mags for my AR-15
  • 1,000 rounds of .223
  • Quick release scope mount
  • Armorer's wrench

Merry Christmas to me!

:gunsmilie:
- - - - -

Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO) Concert 2012

Icon Leave Comment