Subscribe to Journey of a Nublet        RSS Feed
- - - - -

Copy-pasta

Icon Leave Comment
I just started up an FC2 blog as an alternative to the D.I.C. blogs, figured I'd give it another shot so I could use it to post about other things without feeling out of place haha. I might end up just posting my progress reports there from now on, since I think it's more of a personal thing, but I'll be sure to poke in periodically.
- - - - -

It's working, now let's tear it apart and rebuild it!

Icon 2 Comments
Fun fact. Up until now, I've been writing "Pongu" into a single class.
And it's working. But I'm getting tired of scrolling up and down looking for a single thing
or to put a single line of code in five different places...

So it's time to rebuild! I'm making a new project, this time I'll grit my teeth
and...
- - - - -

Sweet marshmallows, it's playable!

Icon Leave Comment
Pretty darn boring, as the CPU has an unbeatable AI (quick "get it to move" solution), and even in two player mode
there's nothing cool to tell you that you've won or that you suck...
- - - - -

Welp, it's a start.

Icon Leave Comment
Using this, I was able to get it so that the width and height ratio stays the same no matter how you resize the window. It's got a somewhat nasty looking bouncy effect, but I'm kind of picky and I'll just live with it for right now. :)...
- - - - -

Progress Report

Icon Leave Comment
Right now I'm browsing a bunch of tutorials on XNA and C# trying to grasp how to get this and that to work.

Today I figured out how to make "collision detection" work by writing a method that checks if the two sprites are colliding... it feels awfully messy and drawn out though, so I wonder if there's an easier way to do it....
- - - - -

Enter the Nublet (A bit of background..)

Icon Leave Comment
My name is ć̷̡͟͞l̵͏̷ą̀̕͞s̀́͡s̢̛į̡f͟͠i̴̢̨e͏͏̸d̨̢͘͜ but I work under the alias "MimiMin" (often stylized in many different ways).

I'm creating this blog not only to track my...

Page 1 of 1

July 2014

S M T W T F S
13 14 1516171819

Recent Entries

Search My Blog

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

I'm trying things out hnn?

Well, this is rather intriguing.