Subscribe to Adventures in Spaghetti code        RSS Feed
- - - - -

Building a random sentence generator

Icon Leave Comment
I'm trying to build a random sentence generator now. When I get that built hopefully I will finally be able to have the public contribute meaningfully to my project. I want the public to hit a button and then the machine will output 10 random sentences and state whether the sentences are consistent, contradictory or ungrammatical. Since...
- - - - -

91% success rate last 34 public inputs

Icon 3 Comments
There's a big difference between testing software yourself and then actually having other people use it. So the last 34 times that it has been used by others it has worked 91% of the time. I've worked on this project for 4.02 years for a total of 6881 hours, which amounts to 4.7 hours per day and 8.3 hours since Nov 12, 2017 and I can...
- - - - -

Third Presentation - The Metaphysical Society of America

Icon 4 Comments
So I finally got to give a presentation to someone who matters, it was at the Metaphysical Society of America's annual convention in Atlanta. I was originally not slated to speak but to only comment on someone else's speech. That person informed the president about 7 days before the meeting that he could not come. The president then...
- - - - -

The Cyc license update

Icon Leave Comment
Maybe I spoke too soon. It looks like he's got the knowledge base hidden. Maybe that's a good thing because I want to make my knowledge base freely accessible. Of course, my interests are academic not commercial. I can still do a lot of digging but as of right now, it doesn't look promising. He's got two files that are larger...
- - - - -

Excitement! I got the Cyc open source license!

Icon Leave Comment
I finally got the Cyc license today. This guy, Doug Lenat, has been working on programming common sense reasoning since 1984 and he finally went commercial last year. This guy is the leader in common sense reasoning. The program is written in LISP so I'll have to learn that language. I am chiefly interested to see how he hands the...
- - - - -

First and Second Presentations of My Software

Icon 2 Comments
I guess standing up in front of the public and making a live presentation of your software is a rite of passage for any software engineer. My first presentation did not exactly go well. It was before a philosophy club. I did not really want to do it because I knew that my software was not yet up to snuff but the department forced me to do it. ...
- - - - -

The 80 hour work week: update 3

Icon Leave Comment
I managed to clock in at 87 hours, smashing my previous record of 76 hours. But feeling quite exhausted so I'm not sure if this is going to be the new normal. I also managed 79 hours of coding.
- - - - -

The 80 hour work week: update 2

Icon Leave Comment
I now have to work 19 hours today and tomorrow in order to obtain my first 80 hour work week which is easily manageable. I might even be able to clock in at 84 hours. I also feel fresh and up beat. My last string of working each day more than 70% of the time lasted 45 days. Right now, I'm on about day 13 or so, so it should be a while...
- - - - -

The 80 hour work week: update

Icon Leave Comment
Ok, it's been 3 days and I'm averaging 12.4 hours per day and I need 11.4 hour per day to hit the goal. Also, modi_123 said that if you're not getting paid then it's not work, but by this assertion the Wright Brother's building their airplane would not have counted as work since no one was paying them.
- - - - -

!#!#!# 80 HOUR WORK WEEK HERE I COME!#!#!

Icon 5 Comments
I'VE BEEN FLIRTING WITH THE 80 HOUR WORK WEEK FOR QUITE SOME TIME AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE CHART BELOW:

https://ibb.co/ieMERb

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE WEEK WHERE I ACTUALLY DO IT!!! IN THE INTERESTS OF FULL DISCLOSURE I DO TAKE DRUGS: MODANIFIL. IT'S A GREAT DRUG AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. THE ARMY GIVES IT TO PILOTS SO...

• (3 Pages)
  • +

April 2018

S M T W T F S
22 23 2425262728

Tags

Recent Entries

Search My Blog

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
    0 member(s)
    0 anonymous member(s)