Subscribe to CodeTalk        RSS Feed
- - - - -

I am moving

Icon 1 Comments
Well, not me. My blog. I finally got my hands on a separate hosting account, and now I have my site/blog/resume/knowledge base here:
http://dennisdel.com

I will not be removing this blog (or changing it's type to a link that references the new site) for historical reasons (first place where I started blogging). So the posts that were...
- - - - -

PerformanceTweet 2.1 Released

Icon Leave Comment
PerformanceTweet 2.1 is officially released.

Functionality changed/added:
    *Support for DM reports - now performance reports can be either published in the public feed or sent via DMs.
    *Added credential verification - the program will not attempt to send reports unless the credentials pass the validation process.
    *Minor bugs fixed
- - - - -

ASCII Shift - back and forth

Icon 10 Comments
Sometimes you probably wanted to encrypt your message the easiest way possible. Maybe just for fun, maybe not. The ASCII shift method is probably the least secure "encryption" (if you can call it so) mechanism, but sometimes it is more than enough. So here is the function I came up with to perform this operation (written in C#):

- - - - -

Twitter as an error reporting mechanism

Icon Leave Comment
My quest to discover the Twitter API continues. This time I was thinking of yet another use for Twitter as a messaging service, and I got an idea. Usually, when an application encounters an "obstacle" (read - critical error), it either shows the user a message, informing about the error or (sometimes) provides an option to send an error...
- - - - -

PerformanceTweet - Now on CodePlex

Icon Leave Comment
Well, my Twitter API interest finally got me to work on PerformanceTweet - a project of mine that lets a computer send performance reports via Twitter. To make it easier for those interested in it to work with this application and to take a look under the hood, I decided that it will be a good idea to upload it on CodePlex. In this way, it will be...
- - - - -

PerformanceTweet 2 - WPF Edition

Icon 2 Comments
A while ago I started a project of mine called PerformanceTweet. I published the proof of concept...
- - - - -

PerformanceTweet - Tweet about performance

Icon 2 Comments
Recently, I was working on my computer and from time to time I was watching that performance widget that comes with Windows 7. And suddenly I though - it would be great to monitor the computer performance from a remote location, in cases when the PC remains unattended. So, what would be the most reliable solution? Twitter just came in handy for...
- - - - -

IMG Tag Creator - A tool to process batch IMGs

Icon Leave Comment
I recently needed to add more than 40 images to a web page, it being a photo album. Now, there were needed more than 40 HTML IMG tags, and copying and pasteing the same image tag and then changing the URL and linking it to its larger version is a painful task. I decided to optimize this task and write an application that will let the users process...
- - - - -

What I think of Google Wave

Icon Leave Comment
Well, it is about time for me to write a review of Google Wave. Or at least, to express what I feel about Wave as of now. I got my invite quite recently, but I got the chance to try some of the most interesting features of it.

How I see Wave? Basically, it is a massive forum with global audience. You can create threads, that are called waves and...
- - - - -

Readable Code vs. Comments

Icon 4 Comments
Many of the beginner (well, and not beginner) developers as well are sometimes wondering - what is more important - readable code or comments? Now, I would like to warn you - the opinion expressed in this blog post is my own, therefore it might or might not be the same as yours.

I do think that readable code that can be esily understood and the...
- - - - -

What language or IDE is best? There isn't one.

Icon 4 Comments
I’ve seen many questions on the forums recently that are all built around one topic – what language/IDE is better? The answer is – there is no such language or IDE. Many beginner programmers think that if they choose a specific programming language, then they will achieve success in the domain. The interesting thing is that they usually don’t do...
- - - - -

Congratulations, Windows Team!

Icon 4 Comments
Windows 7 is now officially in the RTM stage (you can discuss this in our thread...
- - - - -

XNA 3.1 Now Available

Icon 3 Comments
XNA Game Studio 3.1 is now available. What the new version brings into the world of XNA programming? Well the first important feature is the support for avatars. With the introduction of NXE, many of the Xbox users enjoyed the creation of avatars, that made their profile more individual. Now, you can use these avatars in your game.

Video playback...
- - - - -

No iPhone development on Windows? Not so fast...

Icon 2 Comments
Well as many of you know, Apple iPhone SDK is not available for Windows. However, many people still want to develop applications for the iPhone but can't a fford a Mac on their desk. The best solution in this case would be creating Web Apps. What are web apps (http://www.apple.com/webapps/whatarewebapps.html)? Basically, those are the same...
- - - - -

Internet Explorer 8 - Experiences

Icon 7 Comments
Recently, I decided to upgrade my IE7 to the new IE8. I checked Windows Update, but it wasn't available there yet so I decided just to download it from the Microsoft web site. I was really surprised on how fast the installation was (at least twice as fast compared to IE7). It all was absolutely without any problems and after the successful...
- - - - -

10-4 Episode 10: Making Web Deployment Easier

Icon Leave Comment
A new episode from the 10-4 series is now available at Channel 9:
http://channel9.msdn...loyment-Easier/

It shows how web deployment became easier and more efficient in Visual Studio 2010. An important point in this video is made over the ClickOnce deployment and web.config files.
- - - - -

10-4 Episode 9: Visual Basic 10

Icon Leave Comment
The next episode from the 10-4 series is now available at Channel9:

http://channel9.msdn...isual-Basic-10/

This episode covers the features that will be available in the new version of Visual Basic.

One of the new features is the multi-line lambda system support, so the lambda expression can now be split in several lines. Yet another...
- - - - -

10-4 Episode 8: Development with ASP.NET AJAX

Icon Leave Comment
Visual Studio 2010 is coming closer. The next episode of the 10-4 series from Microsoft is diving into client-side development with ASP.NET 4.0 AJAX. The video, called Pure Client-Side Development with ASP.NET AJAX 4.0...
- - - - -

Operating Systems Market Share

Icon 2 Comments
Just found some interesting statistics - operating systems market share. Details available here:
http://marketshare.h...-...&qpcustomc=

I'm not surprised Windows still has the biggest percentage, but there is a growing percentage of Apple machines. I was surprised to see PlayStation and Nintendo Wii in the list. As I know, PlayStation...
- - - - -

10-4 Episode 7: No More Planning Black Box

Icon Leave Comment
The next episode, describing the features of Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework is available at Channel9:

http://channel9.msdn...ning-Black-Box/

In this episode you will find out more about Team Foundation Server 2010 and the planning tasks that can be performed using this product. It also mentions about the integration of the TFS 2010 with...

• (2 Pages)
  • +

About this place

Who am I?

I am Dennis Delimarsky, and I am a software developer. Although I am still learning a lot of things, I already have some experience developing client applications. I am working with C#. I totally enjoy coding, but I am also passionate about reading and technical writing. And by the way, I am also an administrator here on Dream.In.Code.

What is this blog about?

This blog is about software development and some tools that I make.

How can I talk to the author?

Just go to http://ohai.im/dennis to find out about my web presence. Or just send me an email: codetalk@live.com

Search My Blog

April 2014

S M T W T F S
20 212223242526

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)