Subscribe to MentalFloss Minutes        RSS Feed
- - - - -

Style Change

Icon Leave Comment
I've been on this board for a long time, and I've tried to be as helpful as possible in my time here. One of the ways I try to do that is by providing these learning blog posts where the reader can follow along, and accomplish the same thing that I did. There are always a lot of "you" in these posts because I write them from the...
- - - - -

[JAVA] Connect Four (Part II)

Icon Leave Comment
[JAVA] Connect Four (Part I)

Code thus far:

- - - - -

[JAVA] Connect Four (Part I)

Icon Leave Comment
So, I saw a post on Connect Four, and it reminded me that the game exists. Now, I've never implemented Connect Four before, so let's give it a go.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Design - Overview...
- - - - -

[JAVA] Status Bar

Icon Leave Comment
So, I found this thing over at opengameart, and I guess I'm going to make it work. I'm using the ui_upscaled.png.

Let me preface this by saying I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm just winging it... so enjoy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
- - - - -

Java : Chemical Formula Parser I

Icon Leave Comment
One interesting problem that has been rolling around in my head lately is the parsing of chemical formulas, such that the data can be represented in a meaningful way. Any time I have some kind of thing that I want to do, I first try to see how others have done it. I don't read the code hard enough to memorize it, and I don't copy what they...
- - - - -

[Novice] Slow Down

Icon Leave Comment
One thing that I have noticed in people asking questions on the board, and my fellow students in my Java course doing is taking the required project, and writing the whole thing all at once without ever trying to compile. When they complete the project, and try to compile, they are confronted with a plethora of errors. "I can't get it to...
- - - - -

Java : Solubility of Ionic Compounds in Water

Icon Leave Comment
- - - - -

Java : Temperature Converter

Icon Leave Comment
Branching off the idea in the Acid / Base program, this class takes the key and a value. Then it calculates the requisite values based on that key. At the end, you have an immutable class defined for a specific temperature. I recognize that the temperature converter program is normally a "newbie" programming exercise, but hopefully this...

• (2 Pages)
  • +

August 2016

S M T W T F S
28 293031     

Tags

Recent Entries

Search My Blog

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
    0 member(s)
    0 anonymous member(s)