Subscribe to 10 GOTO 10        RSS Feed
-----

Udacity :: CS 262 - Programming Languages: A Web Browser

Icon 3 Comments
I have recently found Udacity an online "university"-like site offering some online courses. I found the site via the Peter Norvig's RSS feed and really liked the video. So I signed up and have been taking CS 262 which builds a Web Browser. The course is Python based and quite interesting. Much like a real university class I don't always agree with the instructor but I am learning quite a bit.

A link to the course can be found here (note that you do not have to sign up for anything to watch the course, or view course materials).

The course is in Python (though knowing a little HTML/Javascript helps too) but is really basic and really only a cursory knowledge seems to be required. The course starts with a description of basic Regular expressions and Finite State Machines and shows how they can be implemented using Python (but then just skips to using Python's). Then moves into Lexing (that is as far as I have gone so far).

3 Comments On This Entry

Page 1 of 1

atraub Icon

03 August 2012 - 02:30 PM
Cool, I look forward to hearing about your thoughts on the class as you progress

Tayacan Icon

05 August 2012 - 05:16 AM
I did a bit of this course a while ago, before exams hit me in the face, and it's actually pretty good. I got as far as completing Unit 3, but not the problem set for it, and I'm pretty confident with regex'es now. I also know how a lexer works, and thanks to the exercises, I actually remember most of it. All in all, I liked it :-)

ishkabible Icon

05 August 2012 - 09:40 AM
I'm going to try the discreet mathematics course sense I majorly lack a more formal understanding of computer science and I'll be taking it next year too.
Page 1 of 1

October 2014

S M T W T F S
1920 21 22232425

Recent Entries

Search My Blog

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)