Subscribe to WolfCoder's Kawaii Column        RSS Feed
-----

More Minecraft

Icon 21 Comments
I've got a small vanilla server running at http://198.154.113.245/ of Minecraft. This is actually the server I'm going to test out and develop a networked game of my own on, but hey a nice no-mods-no-nonsense game should be fun. Though this means I'll be moderating manually to take care of griefers, I recommend you keep the valuable stuff on your person (character inventory).

A world map will be generated complete with printed waypoints, coordinates, and mini-photos on the map. When the map starts out, it will be blank until things are built and locations are found. The world map will be kept up live:

Posted Image

Just don't mess with other people's stuff is the only rule, the server is in Survival mode and the goal is to simply build interesting things- no real guidelines here. I'll be on myself occasionally to moderate, look over things, take pictures and record the waypoints for the world map.

21 Comments On This Entry

Page 1 of 1

worldofwar Icon

05 November 2012 - 03:53 PM
I've been derping around a little,
I hope you don't mind using your base, I found an abandones mineshaft, a spawner of some sort and a cave in the tunnel. :)

worldofwar Icon

05 November 2012 - 03:55 PM
I can't edit my reply for some reason, and there's so much grammatical mistakes in it, my apologies for that ._.

WolfCoder Icon

06 November 2012 - 12:27 AM
There's lots of interesting things, once I update the map you'll be able to see.

modi123_1 Icon

06 November 2012 - 08:08 AM
Fun-minecraft-fun!

WolfCoder Icon

06 November 2012 - 10:36 AM
Tons of people this morning even, plus someone who was trying to smart-move-hack. Just so you know (you know who you are), I can tell if you try to fly hack in my game and you were/will be banned permanently.

Shane Hudson Icon

06 November 2012 - 12:35 PM
I was on for a little while.. a creeper made me jump so quit :P LOL

WolfCoder Icon

06 November 2012 - 01:32 PM
There's a part of the map that looks like an artillery field since the creepers kept spawning instead of other mobs during the night for some reason.

raoz Icon

06 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

WolfCoder, on 06 November 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Tons of people this morning even, plus someone who was trying to smart-move-hack. Just so you know (you know who you are), I can tell if you try to fly hack in my game and you were/will be banned permanently.

Sorry, but you didn't say no hacking is a rule. I was just trying to get a good look at stuff, I didn't grief nor steal anything since you're from DIC. (Next programming task for me is to overcome the flying is not enabled on this server I guess :)(not gonna use it on your server(since I am banned)(but would be a good place to test :)))

But anyways, my apologies.
RaoZvorovski

raoz Icon

06 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

raoz, on 06 November 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

WolfCoder, on 06 November 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Sorry, but you didn't say no hacking is a rule. I was just trying to get a good look at stuff, I didn't grief nor steal anything since you're from DIC. (Next programming task for me is to overcome the flying is not enabled on this server I guess :)(not gonna use it on your server(since I am banned)(but would be a good place to test :)))

But anyways, my apologies.
RaoZvorovski

That might sound like I am blaming you for my actions or something, but I really didn't mean to and I can't edit it due to a bug in D.I.C.

WolfCoder Icon

06 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Sorry, but you didn't say no hacking is a rule.

People don't go around constantly reminding people that killing is against the rules less someone decides "eh, nobody told me it was wrong to kill so I'll kill someone".

You should know better.

raoz Icon

06 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

WolfCoder, on 06 November 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Sorry, but you didn't say no hacking is a rule.

People don't go around constantly reminding people that killing is against the rules less someone decides "eh, nobody told me it was wrong to kill so I'll kill someone".

You should know better.

Wait, killing is wrong? Damn, had I known I wouldn't have killed as many people as I have.
You've got a valid point though and I am happy to see that you are a good administrator and I am not saying the ban was wrong, I actually have no wish on playing on your server, because I am not a builder type, more into PvP and safe bases(and obviously redstone)(After finding out about freecam hack, I realize that I should've used that)

WolfCoder Icon

07 November 2012 - 11:23 AM
Wow, you guys explored pretty far north and south. I see a bunch of man-made objects around the rivers and such, I actually like a nice spread out, I've got the disk space on the server for it so don't worry.

MathewS Icon

09 November 2012 - 04:30 AM
How often does the map update? Went for a bit of a wander last night.

Dark_Necros Icon

12 November 2012 - 08:26 AM
May I log in sometime in the future? I've been looking for a good 'nilla server. My username is brainard52.

WolfCoder Icon

13 November 2012 - 12:33 AM
It should still be up. Minecraft itself has been issues with authenticating, be sure to try to log in several times if it does not work the first time.

MathewS Icon

14 November 2012 - 03:02 AM
Not seen many people online recently. Although is that just because of the connection issues that have been happening recently.

WolfCoder Icon

19 November 2012 - 08:20 PM
Yeah, that and I had to update the server. I think the update fixed the issues sort of.

MathewS Icon

24 November 2012 - 07:15 AM
Is the map graphics supposed to auto-update?

WolfCoder Icon

25 November 2012 - 11:37 PM
No, I have to generate it (somewhat) by hand each time

MathewS Icon

12 December 2012 - 01:59 PM
Server seems to have been down for a couple of days, have you taken it offline?

WolfCoder Icon

20 December 2012 - 01:28 PM
No, it eventually crashes or otherwise needs to be updated. Just send an e-mail to wolfcoder (at) dreamincode.net when something's wrong and I'll check on it.
Page 1 of 1

September 2014

S M T W T F S
2122 23 24252627

Information

Information