Subscribe to WolfCoder's Kawaii Column        RSS Feed
-----

LandTraveller ReDesigned

Icon 5 Comments
Posted Image

LandTraveller Game Page

I finished re-designing LandTraveller quite some time ago. It has upgraded into a larger project of its own, complete with its own game page. This will serve as a "game box" sort of page, very static with links to the actual blog and update content. This page can also help people choose to follow the game in a variety of ways if you look at the bottom links.

(From the website)

Introduction

Create yourself as a Kemonomimi and enter the world of LandTraveller where you explore, gather, build, and conquer. Become stronger yourself as you create your equipment, defeat many enemies, and realize beast powers hidden inside. Will you become cute? Devastating? Both? Will you take on the challenge alone or with all your friends? The large unknown world that greets you is just the beginning- hordes of invaders lurk behind portals to eight more worlds. Experience classic action RPG gameplay through retro style graphics and sound on a modern engine.

Background

LandTraveller is centered around Kemonomimi who all work together to thrive and build great things. This is true even in single player- you would be creating many characters for yourself each with a role. Despite multiplayer being critical to the game's design, it can be enjoyed offline in any number of maps you generate.

Posted Image

The numbers in the game's battle engine will be small, and characters level 30 and over would be considered demi-gods in strength- there is no level cap. You get to pick an affinity that further customizes your specific chosen animal type in the early levels, along with a trait selected from the same set for everyone. Your character itself will be built up and customized just like all of your equipment.

I hope to have a new Alpha Demo for everyone in a couple of months.

5 Comments On This Entry

Page 1 of 1

mimimintan Icon

14 September 2013 - 08:46 PM
A couple of months? D: I can't wait that long though! Grr!

I'm really glad you seem to be so into it though, it's inspired me to get my own butt moving. = w =;;
...in between playing Animal Crossing...
(AKA little progress has been made hh)

I can't wait to see how far you take it :3

WolfCoder Icon

14 September 2013 - 09:01 PM
Hopefully all the way.

Ytry Icon

14 September 2013 - 10:53 PM
This game looks very interesting, I am just waiting to see what you do with the "build" aspect :D.

WolfCoder Icon

15 September 2013 - 01:29 AM
Equipment creation is a stable of many RPGs (especially western PC ones), so there's that. The worlds are all generated on a block system (like Infiniminer, Minecraft or Terraria) but drawn with a more rounded look- the characters will perceive themselves as living in a realistic world vs. being blocky on purpose. Finally, NPCs will be generated that may want to move in and will ask for things. Some very basic relationships between playable characters and NPCs can develop this way, and NPCs will react to one another. I do not know if you'll get to see NPCs in the Free Public Alpha Demo.

mimimintan Icon

16 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

WolfCoder, on 14 September 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

Hopefully all the way.

Yeah buddy!
Page 1 of 1

July 2014

S M T W T F S
20212223 24 2526

Information

Information