Subscribe to andrewsw's Blog        RSS Feed
- - - - -

Memoization Example (Python)

Icon 2 Comments
Memoization :wikipedia

..that sounds ok.

What?! Although, within the bold text lies hidden the 'meaning of life'! Let's skip passed it..

The notion of tabling is good, but this will make more sense after the example.

This is much better, although the use of the word function...

I Self-Taught Myself

Icon 6 Comments
Great. Well done. What does it mean? Every individual on the planet is self-taught.

It is an unfortunate expression, or use of the English language, to say that I was taught... It gives the impression that acquiring knowledge and understanding is a passive act. No one can pour knowledge into your brain. The act of teaching is to:

The Programming Bus

Icon 4 Comments
Invited round for a cup of tea, the friend's house is two bus stops away. His house is then directly opposite from the bus stop.
----

Assembly...
- - - - -

Factorial Walkthrough (Recursion)

Icon Leave Comment
Doing what it says on the tin! Walking through recursive function calls.

The programming language is not important, as long as you understand functions (function arguments and return statements).

Factorial :wikipedia

long factorial(int n) {    if (n == 0)        return 1;     else        return n * factorial(n-1);}
- - - - -

Santa's Database

Icon 5 Comments
We need a very large database, to store billions of records. However, it only really needs a single table, at first estimate.

Essentially, just names and addresses. However, we also need a check...
* * * * -

Debugging with Custard

Icon 5 Comments
Well, it's not really. It is more like trying to discover fundamental particles. You throw all kinds of custard at it in the hope that something sticks. Well, not custard, but other high-energy particles/radiation. And you are not hoping that something will 'stick', but for evidence of new particles. Not a particle itself: it is not...
- - - - -

Client and Server, briefly

Icon 4 Comments
The following is an attempt to explain in simple terms the difference between client and server-side processing. Specifically, the difference between Javascript, which runs on the client, and PHP (and other server-side) languages which, of course, run on the server.

The client...
- - - - -

I Can Answer That!

Icon 3 Comments
DIC encourages contributions of many kinds to this site - it is a community after all. You do not have to be an expert in order to make a contribution. However, if you are new to answering, or responding to, questions raised in the forums then I have some general guidance for you.

It's All In The Title

Icon 4 Comments
The title for your question is very important:

• It is used in searches, both within DIC and by other search engines. People need to be able to find your topic in case it answers their question or, at least, contains useful information for them. You may even need to search for it yourself in the future, if you lose track of the original.
- - - - -

OOP Concepts

Icon Leave Comment
Before Object-Oriented Programming, structured programming...

• (2 Pages)
  • +

July 2014

S M T W T F S
202122 23 242526

Tags

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

1 user(s) viewing

1 Guests
    0 member(s)