Subscribe to andrewsw's Blog        RSS Feed

Still No Answer?

Icon 1 Comments
Most forums are manned by volunteers. If only a couple of days have passed without a response this doesn't mean that your question won't be answered, or responded to. Many volunteers visit infrequently, but many will also look through the forum(s) for specific language(s) and look, specifically, at unanswered questions. (The Home page...
- - - - -

Name Your Stuff

Icon 3 Comments
Please don't name your form "form", or "form1". Please don't call your textbox "textbox1".

Do not leave your controls with their default names of "TextBox1", "TextBox2", "TextBox50000", "ListBox1". Please don't call your application "MyApplication". All of...
- - - - -

HTML5 Form Elements and Attributes

Icon Leave Comment
The purpose of the HTML page below is simply to gather (nearly) all the HTML and HTML5 form elements and attributes in one place for ease of reference.

• There is no CSS.
  • I have omitted some obscure or unsupported elements and attributes.
  • Not every attribute for every element is demonstrated. For example, pattern...
- - - - -

Brief PowerShell Notes (pdf/docx)

Icon Leave Comment
Below is a link to a zip-file containing a PDF, and a DOCX version, of some PowerShell notes that I made a while ago. It seems pointless them just sitting unused on my computer, so feel free to do what you will with them!

There are nine pages. These are very brief notes, an overview, with no attempt to make them into a tutorial. (Really just...
- - - - -

Up to speed with Excel formulas

Icon Leave Comment
Is this you?

• Double-clicking in a cell, even if it is empty
  • Typing a formula in full
  • Slowing dragging your mouse to highlight cells
  • Trying to click in the formula bar
  • Keep forgetting to finish editing a cell

To enter something in a cell just start typing...
- - - - -

What is Fundamental?

Icon 3 Comments
Keen to write the next great game? A super application? You must first understand the fundamentals of your chosen language. These fundamentals are largely the same, regardless of the language.

- - - - -

A Quick (CSS) Transition

Icon Leave Comment
Typically, people use jQuery mouseenter and mouseleave (or hover) events when all they are doing is changing and/or animating css properties, then changing them back again. They could just use css :hover to change the properties back and forth. But, in particular, the animations are more easily, and more effectively, achieved using ...
- - - - -

Dabbling with Lazarus

Icon 1 Comments
I was dabbling with FreePascal and Lazarus, mainly for the nostalgia of looking at Pascal again. One advantage this holds for a beginner is that it is a one-step download and install. It also includes Object Pascal (or a version of this) and an entire GUI framework.

Sample code:
Spoiler
- - - - -

Memoization Example (Python)

Icon 2 Comments
Memoization :wikipedia

..that sounds ok.

What?! Although, within the bold text lies hidden the 'meaning of life'! Let's skip passed it..

The notion of tabling is good, but this will make more sense after the example.

This is much better, although the use of the word function...

I Self-Taught Myself

Icon 6 Comments
Great. Well done. What does it mean? Every individual on the planet is self-taught.

It is an unfortunate expression, or use of the English language, to say that I was taught... It gives the impression that acquiring knowledge and understanding is a passive act. No one can pour knowledge into your brain. The act of teaching is to:

• (3 Pages)
  • +

December 2014

S M T W T F S
141516171819 20

Tags

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

2 user(s) viewing

2 Guests
    0 member(s)