Subscribe to Stuck in an Infiniteloop        RSS Feed
- - - - -

Apache Nifi Sensitive Value Encryption

Icon Leave Comment
This post is for my sanity and posterity if anyone else runs across this issue in the future and does not have the good fortune to come across a mailing list archive from last February.

Apache Nifi...
- - - - -

An In-Depth Look At Radix Trees

Icon Leave Comment
Radix Trees

Continuing in the same solution space as the Trie, we now look at Radix Trees...
- - - - -

An In-Depth Look At Tries

Icon Leave Comment
Two years, one month, and 1 week since the last one of these. This time I donít have an excuse, I really need to do these more often.

Tries

Many moons ago, I wrote about suffix arrays...
- - - - -

Terrible Google Voice Change

Icon Leave Comment
This one will be short and sweet. I use Google Voice to forward SMS (and at some point in the last three years they added MMS) to my gmail account. It used to be plaintext or the image(s) in the case of MMS. This past week, plaintext went away in favor of this monstrosity:

I cannot find a way to revert. I will...
- - - - -

Shelfware

Icon Leave Comment
I have been programming professionally for over six years. All of it has been in the government contracting space. It wears on you after a while. Itís not the fact that your tech stack could be out of date by years or people that are retired in place. Itís not that you have ďtesters...
- - - - -

Why Do Companies Spend Money on Stupid Shit?

Icon 5 Comments
I get hit up by recruiters or past coworkers to come work for their company. Companies seem to have this notion that if they have eccentric benefits, it will draw people to come work there. Perhaps there are some individuals who like to work for free or get "perks" that they could easily purchase themselves in exchange for tens of...

Hold the Shift Key!?

Icon 2 Comments
Hell is other people's code. Why did they do this? I understand the logic, but the implementation... it goes on and on. At least at that point you have the source and you can reason about it. Not so with Windows.

What did I want to do? I had a friend who was having problems with using a system restore point in Windows 10. I've used...
- - - - -

The Scorch Trials

Icon 1 Comments
I hate terrible book to film adaptations. Especially if the source material is excellent. Enter The Maze Runner. A book pentology published starting in 2009 to 2016, but recently got the silver screen treatment. WARNING, spoilers spoilers spoilers!...
- - - - -

/r/cscareerquestions is a cesspool

Icon 3 Comments
Programming communities come in two flavors: Q&A and message boards. Stackoverflow is an example of the former with Dream.In.Code the latter. Bytes, cprogramming, cplusplus, Daniweb, the list goes on and on. Then there's reddit. Forums for news, code, computer science, you name it. I find /r/programming...
- - - - -

Byte Arrays in Java, Size Does Matter

Icon Leave Comment
I have recently been doing some processor development in Apache NiFi. Being mostly a C++ guy, this was a nice throwback to some Java work I did many years ago. To describe briefly, Apache Nifi:

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

July 2017

S M T W T F S
2324252627 28 29

Tags

Recent Entries

Search My Blog

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
    0 member(s)