Subscribe to Stuck in an Infiniteloop        RSS Feed
- - - - -

LinkedIn Has Gone Full Retard

Icon 8 Comments
" Everybody knows you never go full retard."

-Kirk Lazarus

----------

LinkedIn just sent out an email announcement that you can now add a background image to your profile. Verbatim:

Maybe I'm just rapidly approaching the get off my lawn stage, but it would seem to me that this completely misses the point of LinkedIn. Or at...
- - - - -

One Week Left

Icon 3 Comments
It has been quite a busy year and a while since my last blog post. As I give you a moment to dry your eyes from crying tears of happiness of Knowles' return, I wish to brag, but also inform you about a milestone I have been working towards for for a while now.

In a week, the semester ends and I will have completed a Master's Degree in...
- - - - -

A Tale of Two Recruiters

Icon 3 Comments
I get hit up on LinkedIn on a weekly basis. Are you interested in coming to work for us kind of thing. I'm not looking at the moment, so I tend to ignore or respond with a positive thanks, but not right now.

Earlier last week I got a wild hair and decided to respond to two I got. One was absolutely rediculous and the other quite professional....
- - - - -

Processing - A Random Catan Map

Icon Leave Comment
A friend recently showed me Processing.

Executive summary, it's Java, kind of. I'm more of a backend guy, so anything to make prototyping a GUI fast, or just playing with graphics is a fun diversion out of my wheelhouse.

I present a random Settlers of Catan map generator:

- - - - -

New Build Pics

Icon 4 Comments
I've been rocking the new hardware for a couple weeks now (Assassain's Creed 4, holy crap), but have finally gotten around to uploading the photos. Without any further ado:

Beautiful beautiful boxes:

Image reduced in size

Classy wrapping for the modular PSU:

Image reduced in size

Empty empty:

Image reduced in size

Now less empty:

Image reduced in size

Final product:

Image reduced in size

Boxes everywhere!

Image reduced in size
- - - - -

New Build

Icon 8 Comments
All of my hardware at home is quite outdated. It is time for a new build.

I have the following making its way to my door courtesy of the good people of Newegg:

Intel i7-4770k Haswell
ASUS z87 mobo
32 GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung 256GB SSD
Geforce GTX 780
27" LED monitor

Ohhhh boy, it's going to be smoking. Develop and play all the things!...
- - - - -

Shadowrun Returns: Initial Impressions

Icon 4 Comments
I kickstarted this project last year and as a fan of the tabletop, I was excited.

Image reduced in size...
- - - - -

Ticket to Ride Helper App: pre Alpha release

Icon Leave Comment
Alrighty then. After much floundering about (diminishing returns on programming achievement apparently decrease rapidly for me post 11 PM), I have the initial cut of the algorithm that underlies this application. For the introduction and cities flat file, see this previous post...
- - - - -

Ticket to Ride Helper App: Laying the Groundwork

Icon Leave Comment
If you haven't played Ticket to Ride...
- - - - -

Behold My Inner Nerdary

Icon 4 Comments
I've been meaning to do this for a while now. Over a year in fact. Fellow Skyrim players, you remember that fine map that came with your game purchase (digital aside)? I had it framed:

Behold the awesome!

Is it in my living room? Yes.

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

December 2014

S M T W T F S
21 222324252627

Tags

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Search My Blog