Subscribe to Anarion's Blog        RSS Feed
-----

The Cloudy World

Icon 3 Comments
As I am sipping a cup of coffee and writing this blog post on a Saturday afternoon, I keep thinking about how fast time has passed. I joined DreamInCode on May 16th, 2009, just a few months before going to college. Today, it's May 13th 2017 and these numbers make me realize how much time has passed (not to mention, make feel a bit old...).
Over the course of these 8 years, a lot has happened. I have graduated college, moved to a different continent, started a new life and have learned many things. It's been a year and a half that I have been working with Java and Javascript in the enterprise/cloud industry. This also means that, I haven't worked with C++ much since then, although as some of you may know, I was always such a C++-lover!
Working in the cloud section of the industry has been very interesting for me so far. I got to learn many new things, and find out about the challenges that big companies have to face. There has been many new software technologies emerging in recent years and frankly, it is getting quite difficult to keep up with everything. Two of the top things that I have become interested in recently are Docker and the Go programming language.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?), part of the big changes in life for me has been adding a lot of daily physical activities. You know, being a software developer means sitting most of the day and being tempted to eat un-healthy snacks. Therefore, I had to enforce a healthier policy. Because of this, I rarely have time to check the forums which I am not really happy about. However, because I enjoy writing, I will be starting to write blog posts (and possibly tutorial-style articles) more often. The first blog post is going to be about Go programming language.

Feel free to let me know if you have worked with Go before, and what you think about it!

3 Comments On This Entry

Page 1 of 1

modi123_1 Icon

13 May 2017 - 09:38 PM
Surround yourself with healthy snacks. Nuts are solid options, dried fruit.. wet fruits.. etc. Jerk some beef and what not!

Anarion Icon

16 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

modi123_1, on 14 May 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

Surround yourself with healthy snacks. Nuts are solid options, dried fruit.. wet fruits.. etc. Jerk some beef and what not!

Those all sound like very good options! Luckily, I have been constantly losing weight and approaching my target. So not terrible. But as I get closer to my goal, it gets more difficult and I definitely need to refactor my snack intake. All it takes is a bit thoughtfulness to shop for good snacks and have them packed for each day.

jjl Icon

22 June 2017 - 08:26 PM
I'm in the same boat, joined in 2009 before college and now graduated and attempting to be an adult, seems like it all took forever while I was in the thick of it, but now looking back it went by so fast
Page 1 of 1

December 2017

S M T W T F S
101112131415 16

Tags

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

0 user(s) viewing

0 Guests
    0 member(s)
    0 anonymous member(s)