Subscribe to Ben's AdventureFramework        RSS Feed
- - - - -

Game creation snippet

Icon Leave Comment
Here is a snippet I wrote for the AdventureFramework to make the creation of a game that much easier. You may need to resolve references to the following namespace to remove runtime errors.

using AdventureFramework.Structure;
using AdventureFramework.Rendering;
using AdventureFramework.Sound;
using AdventureFramework.Interaction;
using...
- - - - -

6. Including animation in your game

Icon Leave Comment
In Part 5...
- - - - -

5. Including graphics in your game

Icon Leave Comment
There are times during a text adventure when you may want to show a simple graphic instead of a text based description of something. As this is usually a text adventure run in a console window we have no way of displaying a bitmap or any other kind of conventional image file directly. But what we can do is convert an image into a text based...
- - - - -

AdventureFramework: Latest version

Icon Leave Comment
As I do more work on the framework and add new features to it I'm going to use this blog as a version tracking page for it. If you have any recomendations or comments on a version add a comment and I will address them. I'm sure there are many, many bugs so let me know if you find any :)

If you want to find out what the AdventureFramework...
- - - - -

4. AdventureFramework: Introducing Chains for simple SFX

Icon Leave Comment
To fit in with the retro theme of text based adventures I added a simple SFX setup to the AdventureFramework. Figuring the lowest sound level possible was motherboard beeps I created a basic sound player class, the BeepPlayer, which plays beeps via the Console.Beep method. In order to string together multiple beeps into something a bit more...
- - - - -

3. AdventureFramework: Exchanging items between players, unlocking doors

Icon Leave Comment
One important part of creating a good text adventure is the ability to be able to trade items between playable and non-playable characters, and also to unlock locked areas in order to progress. In this further exanded example of the AdventureFramework I have included both of these actions. To find out what the AdventureFramework is click here...
- - - - -

2. More shameless text based nintendo ripping off...

Icon Leave Comment
For those interested I have just coded a further example of the AdventureFramework which includes more shameless ripping off of nintendo's characters. This should demonstarte some of the more in depth and unique features. Check it out if your interested!

If you want to find out what the AdventureFramework is click here...
- - - - -

1. A framework for creating text adventures in 2011

Icon 4 Comments
And in the beginning...

Page 1 of 1