Subscribe to The Life-long Struggle Against the Console        RSS Feed
-----

Book Deal

Icon 3 Comments
So I have been approached by an agent for a niche technical publisher who wants me to write a book for them, on the basis of some articles I wrote on my blog. The subject will be 'Web Scraping with Java: How To'.

They seem like a decent publisher; some offers like this you have to be wary of, from 'fake' publishers that require you to pay them to put your book out, or other such entanglements, but they seem above board, and never take any of your money. 16% is quite a good royalties deal too, from what I've been reading.

I'm quite psyched about this, as it will be paid on a royalties basis (I get 16% of all sales), and although it wont be a lot of money due to the niche nature of the publisher and their distribution channels, it should look good on my resume, and will help me practice my writing skills. The publisher will also market the book also.

3 Comments On This Entry

Page 1 of 1

fromTheSprawl Icon

04 November 2012 - 09:58 PM
This sounds awesome! Best of luck. ^^

fromTheSprawl Icon

04 November 2012 - 09:59 PM
By the way, on your About page, the quote from Wozniak has "further" misspelled.

wordswords Icon

05 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

fromTheSprawl, on 05 November 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

By the way, on your About page, the quote from Wozniak has "further" misspelled.

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for letting me know about the misspelling. I have adjusted it :)
Page 1 of 1

Trackbacks for this entry [ Trackback URL ]

There are no Trackbacks for this entry

September 2014

S M T W T F S
1415 16 17181920

Tags

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

1 user(s) viewing

1 Guests