Need popup script to design popup link

• (2 Pages)
  • +

26 Replies - 4261 Views - Last Post: 14 January 2005 - 10:31 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Help! Emergency! Requesting Popup Link Help

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:47 PM

Finally, this is the page URL where the Hun Hordes Summary mouse rollover and the companion Hun Hordes [full] Report internal and graphic links appear. This, too, was done in FrontPage 2003. If you have questions, I'll be here all day. Thx! Avalon

Attached File(s)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:07 PM

Alrighty, what I've done is take one of your pages and a little of the code and created what amounts to a blank page with the link.

I've attached a zip file with the .js files and the .htm file, if you unzip the folder and all the files and open the web page, the rollover should work.

There is a trick to writing the summary in the mouseover, there can't be any breaks, meaning if you want a break you have to write it like this:
Blah blah blah blah blah<br>blah blah blah

It can't look like this:
Blah Blah blah blah<br>
blah blah blah

This is only for the paragraph in the onmouseover tag, it doesn't apply to the rest of your code.

As long as you have the code between my comments you should be able to place this in your other file.

Also, please note that the reason your file wasn't working was you pasted the code in to the FrontPage design view, this caused all the code to be jumbled, you have to do ALL code in the code window in FrontPage.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  domTT.zip (13.71K)
    Number of downloads: 95

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:22 PM

Thank you so much. Ok ... I'm really dumb about this. What program do I use to open this zip file? I have a program called File Download Manager on my home pc; when iit automatically downloaded to my downloads folder in File Download Manager, I tried to open your attached file and it is asking me what program to open this file with? I'm sure you can tell, here, that I have zippo experience with unzipping zipped files. Do I need Winzip or what? Plus, I should be able to add what you've done here to the site. I'm somewhat confused w/ this. I have much to learn. Thanks again. :huh:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:25 PM

Download Winzip Here: http://winzip.com/downwz.htm
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:56 PM

I really hope there is no $$$$ being made over here... I wouldn't want to have to bite my tongue too hard !!

As .....

I .......

wait ........

for........

the......

next......

contract......
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:52 PM

:D Hi, I've unzipped the domTT.zip file using WinZip. This opens up in WordPad. How do I view this as a webpage? Do I need to import a copy it into FrontPage to view it in web browser mode? I'm still stuck on this. Sorry about my ignorance here ... I'm really new to this unzipping files. Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:53 PM

You should be able to right click the .htm file after you've unzipped it and choose to open it with Internet Explorer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:00 PM

Ok, I right-clicked on it and tried to open it in Internet Explorer. However, this prompted the File Dowload Manager (FDM) program, installed on my pc, to bring up the following URL:
file://C:\Documents and Settings\Donna Fennel\My Documents\Unzipped\domTT.zip\domTT.zip.!!! It's trying to add this URL as a download and won't allow me to open this file in Internet Explorer. Do I need to uninstall File Download Manager (FDM) before I right-click on domTT.zip to open it in Internet Explorer?

Also, this File Download Manager program is asking me to save this to folder C:\Downloads. I've already unzipped this file in WinZip. Sorry about the mixup here. Incidently, to those who are curious out there I am not getting paid to work on this site; I volunteered to help this person with their site. Don't forget this is new to me; but I was one helluva commercial real estate broker for 26 years before I started working with this coding stuff.

Thanks for your help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:03 PM

You have not unzipped the file then, you need to unzip the files, then open the .html file with internet explorer. I can't really walk you through unzipping the files, so you're on your own there, it's a pretty simple process once you've done it once or twice.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:29 PM

Hi, could you plz. re-attach the domTT.zip file? I bought WinZip, downloaded it from their site and unzipped the domTT.zip file again using my new WinZip software now on my hard drive. However, I noticed that the file name changed to domTT.zip!!! and I still can't open this file in Internet Explorer. I don't know what I've done wrong here. Also, I can't read the post where you attached this domTT.zip file earlier. Thanks. :crazy:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:04 PM

Hi, I tried to unzip the domTT.zip file again using my newly purchased WinZip; however, now it's registering as a corrupt file. I tried to download this file from your previous post today, and it's still reading as a corrupt file in WinZip. When time allows, I'd truly appreciate you re-attaching this file for me again. Thanks for all of your help. :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:31 AM

I don't really know what to tell you, I'm able to open that zip file without any problem, clicking "Extract" in winzip unzips to my desktop and I'm able to open the file and see the rollover.

Not sure what you're doing wrong or why the file isn't opening.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +