Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: RSA Algorithm

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: RSA Algorithm

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:34 AM

I do al ot of security programming using numerous public algorithms. Take my advise and use a well known public library rather than re-write your own (which is bound to be riddled with errors). Public c++ libraries, and there a quite a few, have all been rigorously checked and most (you can never say all) of the bugs have been located and fixed, they will do the job very well for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

View PostAndyH1963, on 19 Apr, 2009 - 08:34 AM, said:

I do al ot of security programming using numerous public algorithms. Take my advise and use a well known public library rather than re-write your own (which is bound to be riddled with errors). Public c++ libraries, and there a quite a few, have all been rigorously checked and most (you can never say all) of the bugs have been located and fixed, they will do the job very well for you.

Thanx Andy. But what if it's my homework to write it myself? Is it possible to see the code in these libriaries? Or a sample of RSA code in C++ anywhrere?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:47 AM

View Posthititrich, on 19 Apr, 2009 - 03:58 PM, said:

Thanx Andy. But what if it's my homework to write it myself? Is it possible to see the code in these libriaries? Or a sample of RSA code in C++ anywhrere?

I very much doubt that you have homework to write such code. Of course you can't see the code only the headers.

If YOU do need to write such code then you had better get yourself a good book on encryption and the mathematics involved. Believe me this is very complicated. If your "homework" does require this then you must be doing a Ph.D. in Computer Science and in which case you are most probably mathematically equipped to do this. I doubt you are quite frankly!!

If I were you I would check the question you are working on again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:55 AM

There are source code examples of RSA encryption all over the net if you're capable to using a search engine like Google. How good they are is an exercise left up to the OP, but certainly there's OpenSSL.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1