4 Replies - 935 Views - Last Post: 31 May 2010 - 10:00 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Same guard your EXE's?

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

I just sent a copy of my exe to a friend and a few miunets he sent the scource back (not only the scource but he had made it better :( ;) ) I was wondering if anyone knows some process to protect your code from the evil of disasembelers

:ph34r: :P

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Same guard your EXE's?

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Same guard your EXE's?

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:19 AM

Obfuscation. Visual Studio Pro (and maybe Standard) ships with Dotfuscator Communuity Edition. This version is not very useful. All it does is rename your variables, classes, functions, etc. However, you can buy obfuscators (even an ugraded version of the one I just mentioned) which will make dissamembling very difficult. It will hide the flow of your code, encrypt the strings, rename everything, create random branches, etc.. without changing what the program actually does. This does not mean he cannot run the dissasembled code, but it will make it unreadable and difficult if not impossible to reverse engineer. By the way, unless it was a simple app, I doubt he dissambled it. I tried dissasembling something I made and the result didn't work and made no sense. If it was a simple program, he might have written it by himself just using the EXE as a guidline to what the program should do.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

it was very simple hashing things for him :) but do you use one and if so what?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Guest_ghimangi*

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

The process is called obfuscation whereby all class names, method names, etc in your code are renaming to senseless values. Literal strings are encrypted and generally control flow (if, while, for blocks) is also obfuscated. Advanced obfuscators such as Crypto Obfuscator (http://www.ssware.co...uscator-net.htm) also feature resource protection, method call hiding, assembly embedding, etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:00 AM

you could also use Smart Assembly however its not free http://www.smartassembly.com/ also Xenocode
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1