5 Replies - 857 Views - Last Post: 22 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Dreamweaver CS4

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

Anyone here at D.I.C. use Dreamweaver CS4? I used to use CS3 a lot, but when I heard about the CS4 package coming out I had to snatch up a few programs from it. I decided to get Photoshop and Dreamweaver, as I'm learning about designing graphics, and I'm a pretty alright web designer.

Dreamweaver is pretty expensive (I think it's a few hundred dollars), however I believe it's worth the money... or if you don't have the money (like I don't), you know where to get it. ;)

The new features they added (as well as the brand spanking new GUI) are great, I love the Live View (or whatever it's called) feature, and how I can finally look at my .CSS and the page preview at the same time.

The only thing I don't like is when I have to use the WYSIWYG editor (such as spry)... sometimes the code that is churned out isn't completely W3C compliant and I have to do a bit of tampering, and some of it is quite trivial.

I guess I'll give it a 8.5/10. (would have been 9 but it runs kind of slow on my machine... but then again I do have Firefox, NetBeans, and a few others open as well :P)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Dreamweaver CS4

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Dreamweaver CS4

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:37 AM

Notepad++ pwns Dreamweaver.

But since I do a lot of designing in Linux environment now, Geany pwns Dreamweaver.

Just saying..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding is a lifestyle
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:34 AM

I Use Aptana, just because it's exactly the same as the eclipse IDE that i'm already familiar with.

Dreamweaver sounds fun though! Maybe I'll give it a try

Cheers
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

Notepad++ pwns Dreamweaver.

Tough... There pretty equal. Its just Notepad++ covers many language formats. DW includes a "Design" part to it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:20 PM

While I own the program, I don't think I have used it once. I stick with Notepad, Notepad++, and a standard textbox online. Anything with syntax highlighting is just fancy and anything that tries to do more than that normally fails.

I stick with my own knowledge of the HTML, CSS, and Javascript to accomplish whatever tasks I need to do.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

For those of you who use tools like Notepad++, what do you use to synchronize and publish your sites? How do you interact with version control software, or do debugging?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1