Graphing in VB.net

Can't find any control that allows me to graph

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 887 Views - Last Post: 24 April 2009 - 10:18 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Graphing in VB.net

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:36 PM

Im fairly new to VB and Im creating a Application that Graphs data via line or pie etc. But I can't find any helpful controls in the "Choose Tool Box items" and i don't want to buy software that does it for me, Do you know any free usable controls already within VB 2008?? :)

Oh BTW if it helps ive also checked this site out and could not find the control:

http://www.dreaminco...wtopic40143.htm

ThX!!!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Graphing in VB.net

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Graphing in VB.net

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:06 PM

Open the 'project' menu, select 'add new item' ( alternatively right click your project in the solution explorer and select 'add new item'). Select 'reporting' under category and choose 'report' under template. This should be what your looking for.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:27 PM

And you can always draw your own graphs by using GDI+, therefore you will build all the graphics in code (for more information on GDI+ take a look here: http://visualbasic.a...t/a/GDIP02.htm).

This is a little complicated, but at the same time it gives you the flexibility you will probably need later when operating with different types of graphs, as well as with different amounts of data.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:18 PM

View PostF!st!cuffs, on 24 Apr, 2009 - 06:06 PM, said:

Open the 'project' menu, select 'add new item' ( alternatively right click your project in the solution explorer and select 'add new item'). Select 'reporting' under category and choose 'report' under template. This should be what your looking for.

ummmm :blink: I can't seem to find the report template do you know where i can find it? maybe i don't have the full version of VB???
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1