Page 1 of 1

Animated GIF in Fireworks Using Frames Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

The example shown was created in Fireworks MX 2004 and the result may differ with other versions of Fireworks.

To create an animated GIF in Fireworks, we need to create the amount of frames which are needed to animate. I have created a simple animation with two images, both of the Dream.In.Code logo. One of them is orange and the other is blue.

To begin, we first open Fireworks and set the size to 47 by 47 pixels(This is for the logo. You may change it for other images). We then import the logo and Fireworks has already established that as a frame. The default name is Frame1.

If the frames box is not open, click the windows menu and click frames.

Now, to create the second frame, we click on the small button which looks like a list box (Refer to image: top right). Select add frames, select the place at the end option button and this default name is Frame2. The second image is the blue version of the DIC logo (which I have rendered for this tutorial). We paste it on the second frame.

Next, we change the speed interval. The default is set at 7 but we want it to change a little bit slower so I have set it to 75. Note that 100 is equal to 1 second.

At the bottom of the Frames Properties box, we see a loop button (image: bottom left) and we click that and select Forever. This makes the GIF animate forever but you can set it to an amount appropriate for you.

Attached Image

Now we need to set this as an animated gif so we go to Windows and select Optimize. Change the Export File format into Animated GIF and now we go to File then Export and save into a folder. (Refer to image)
Attached Image

And there we have it (Refer to my example). To test it out, open the image in a web browser and see the image animate!
Attached Image

Thank you.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Animated GIF in Fireworks

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for this tutorial. It worked! I recommend a lot of better software in creating animated pictures besides fireworks. Gimp is good and free. Wegif is also good and easy and web based.

This post has been edited by heartsoulofra: 25 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:33 PM

nice tutorial mate very easy to follow thank you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1