Page 1 of 1

Over Contrasting Effect something fun to do with your photos Rate Topic: -----

• $bert = new DragonUnicorn(); $bert->rawr();
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:28 PM

This is a tutorial about a fun little photo effect that you can apply to your images. If you would like to use the original photo you have my permission to edit it and play with it but please don't tell people you took the photo, it will hurt my feelings.

Original picture
Posted Image

Once you open up your image you need to de-saturate the image. Go into your image adjustments and move your saturation bar down all the way. Leave the other bars alone and press ok.

Posted Image

Press control + E and merge the layer adjustment down into the original image making it black and white.

Posted Image

Adjusting your levels is the next step in this over exposure process. Press CTRL + L or Command + L. and adjust the sliders so you have a definite white throughout the image. Similar to the image in the screen shot.

Merge the layer adjustment to the layer below.

Posted Image

The next step is going to be to add contrast. So slide the bar across to the right and adjust your brightness accordingly to what you would like to see.

Once again merge the adjustment layer with the layer below (CTRL + E) or (Command + E) and then create a duplicate of the 1 layer you should now have by pressing (CTRL+J) or (Command + J)

Select the top layer and go to Filter > Blur > Motion Blur.

The outcome should look something like this.

Posted Image

Press ok and finish up with the filter. Now click on the layer mask button on your layers window. Paint the subject into focus with a large blurred brush.

Your layers should look like this.

Posted Image

The final image should look like this.

Posted Image

here are some examples of photos that i have used this effect on. (all from the same day of snowboarding)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1