• +
  • Last »

284 Replies - 22881 Views - Last Post: 27 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Should Marijuana be legalized?

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:39 PM

What's everyone's take on this?

I think so. First off, we're in a depression. If marijuana was legalized then the US and it's respective states would be able to make money taxing it. Also, it has medicinal purposes.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Should Marijuana be legalized?

• May Your Swords Stay Sharp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Should Marijuana be legalized?

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

Should be legalized and heavily taxed. Will solve many problems. Such as drug lords, it will be legal so essentially their business is gone and people can buy it in the store more conveniently. It will bring in revenue to the city. And it is funny to watch stoners sometimes.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:27 AM

View PostBigAnt, on 27 Apr, 2009 - 01:52 PM, said:

Should be legalized and heavily taxed. Will solve many problems. Such as drug lords, it will be legal so essentially their business is gone and people can buy it in the store more conveniently. It will bring in revenue to the city. And it is funny to watch stoners sometimes.

/Agree
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:39 AM

No matter what, someone will always have a marijuana seed in there pocket, ready to take over the drug world. It also depends how legalized. So could I just walk into a marijuana store and get a back of it. Or you mean it gets prescribed and then you could just get it. So final answer, No.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• go sabres

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:17 AM

i agree that it should be legalized. Tax the crap out of it, people will still buy it legally rather than from drugs dealers. Keep the kids off the street and get them inside Rite-Aids across the country.(i think rite aids is a national company....??) problem solved. Just treat it like alcohol. Dont drive after smoking it, dont show up to work after smoking it and no weed smoke breaks. Mission Accomplished. o, and no smoking in public places cause that shit smells terrible
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:00 AM

Screw it all - keep the crap banned. Why in the name of all that is red, white, and blue should pot be legalized?

The government is tightening the thumbscrews on smokers (cigs), and if you go see the other post in the lounge on smoking you will notice a lot of folks irrationally hate it. Why allow another form of evil inhalants?

The dirty looks people give smokers who are forced outside into the elements would only be a hundred times worse for mary-jane.. let alone the second hand smoke filled with THC getting into baby lungs? Wow.. rude.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:12 AM

If it is legalized I'm buying stock in Frito Lay and Cheetos. I'll make a damn fortune.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

View PostBigAnt, on 27 Apr, 2009 - 03:52 PM, said:

Should be legalized and heavily taxed.

Absolutely agree.

While you're at it, every other "illegal" drug can make that list. I'm serious. The supply lines for such things have never been broken, the best option is to undercut the black market and dry it up with fair trade.

For weed specifically... A friend of mine was on kidney dialysis for seven years. With the level she was at, most folks don't make it past three or four years. She smoked pot. Her doctor knew, and while he was unable to prescribe it, he told her to keep doing what she was doing. He believed it was the only reason she lasted as long as she did.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• straight vegetarian kid

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:16 AM

i think yes, but make it like cigarretes. have an age limit and tax it. i think this because it's not really a drug, it's just made out to be because it's illegal and nobody wants to change it. personally it think it's a waste of money, i tried it once and i hated it. plus this would be one good thing the president can do-try to illiminate the present governmental debt which is around 13 trillion. hey maybe pot can be our only hope to bringing this economy back to somewhat normal. you never know...

This post has been edited by computerfox: 28 April 2009 - 10:17 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

View PostKYA, on 28 Apr, 2009 - 10:12 AM, said:

If it is legalized I'm buying stock in Frito Lay and Cheetos. I'll make a damn fortune.

I am buying stock in:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Sarcasm Extraordinaire!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

View PostKYA, on 28 Apr, 2009 - 10:12 AM, said:

Oh my god, you're my new hero. :) :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:37 PM

View Postfirebolt, on 28 Apr, 2009 - 01:39 AM, said:

No matter what, someone will always have a marijuana seed in there pocket, ready to take over the drug world. It also depends how legalized. So could I just walk into a marijuana store and get a back of it. Or you mean it gets prescribed and then you could just get it. So final answer, No.

Personally, I think it should be like cigarettes. Walk into a store and buy a pack of Js. But for the sake of actually getting it legalized I would say it gets prescribed because that's the first step.

View Postmodi123_1, on 28 Apr, 2009 - 08:00 AM, said:

Screw it all - keep the crap banned. Why in the name of all that is red, white, and blue should pot be legalized?

The government is tightening the thumbscrews on smokers (cigs), and if you go see the other post in the lounge on smoking you will notice a lot of folks irrationally hate it. Why allow another form of evil inhalants?

The dirty looks people give smokers who are forced outside into the elements would only be a hundred times worse for mary-jane.. let alone the second hand smoke filled with THC getting into baby lungs? Wow.. rude.

Why pot should be legalized is what the debate is going to be about. You know that marijuana is legal in California state law right? Second hand smoke getting into baby lungs? Who the hell smokes around a baby and blows their smoke in the baby's face? Dave Chappelle?

View Postbaavgai, on 28 Apr, 2009 - 08:25 AM, said:

View PostBigAnt, on 27 Apr, 2009 - 03:52 PM, said:

Should be legalized and heavily taxed.

Absolutely agree.

While you're at it, every other "illegal" drug can make that list. I'm serious. The supply lines for such things have never been broken, the best option is to undercut the black market and dry it up with fair trade.

For weed specifically... A friend of mine was on kidney dialysis for seven years. With the level she was at, most folks don't make it past three or four years. She smoked pot. Her doctor knew, and while he was unable to prescribe it, he told her to keep doing what she was doing. He believed it was the only reason she lasted as long as she did.

I would agree with all illegal drugs being legalized. I was going to state it later on though. Each drug should have a different age restriction. I mean, if you're 90, dieing because of heroin is better than having a heart attack.

This post has been edited by 333OnlyHalfEvil: 28 April 2009 - 12:38 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

View Post333OnlyHalfEvil, on 28 Apr, 2009 - 01:37 PM, said:

<snip>

View Postmodi123_1, on 28 Apr, 2009 - 08:00 AM, said:

Why pot should be legalized is what the debate is going to be about. You know that marijuana is legal in California state law right? Second hand smoke getting into baby lungs? Who the hell smokes around a baby and blows their smoke in the baby's face? Dave Chappelle?

<snip>

You miss understood the point. Look - we see smokers treated as second class citizens because they chose to unlock the sweet sweet nicotine with a lighter... right? First hand, second hand, and now third hand smoke are all bad. You can't smoke in bars, you have to be 10 feet away, your insurance goes up, etc. My point is if we are demonizing (with what seems to be the intent of getting rid of it) smoking why would we open the flood gates for pot?

I could care less if it's legal in Cali - federal law trumps state law in this matter.

Who smokes around a baby? Have you ever WATCHED the show COPS? How about worked in a free health clinic? Drove around and saw twelve kids in a rusted truck with mom chain burning Kools? Been to the south? Turned on CMT? Hahahaha.. parents smoke around kids all the time - why expose more kids to the cancer causing cloud of smoke?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:32 AM

I think legalizing it would free up all the prisons and jails. It would allow more room for the real dangerous criminals, and we wouldn't have to destroy so much land and woods to build new prisons. That money could be spent on fixing our deficit or helping to bring our soldiers home. Making it illigal is a waste of time and money and prison cells. Do like everyone else said: legalize and tax heavily.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

I don't see people who smoke pot causing any harm to anyone beyond the obvious (lung damage). I believe it is a LOT less dangerous than drinking alcohol. If you are stoned you don't have the brains to do anything anyway.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »