4 Replies - 1463 Views - Last Post: 27 April 2009 - 06:53 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Privacy and "Flash" in a VB browser...?

Post icon  Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

Having some trouble here...

Has anyone ever been to lala.com? It lets you listen to any song you want. It uses a flash player...

But when I try to use the web browser on my form to use the player, it gives the error:

Your browser appears to have Flash installed but is blocking it for lala.com. Music playback happens via a Flash player, so it must be enabled to listen to music.

Are you confident you have Flash 9 or above and that it is enabled for lala.com? Click here to try loading the player again and notify us of your issue.

Is there any way to address this? I don't know much about Flash being used in VB.net forms, but I was wondering if it had some privacy control that could be unlocked.

If this helps, this is the code snippet pertaining to lala:

ElseIf video = True Then

Dim temp2 = InputBox("Enter the artist and song title of the video you are watching, and Crystal Rain will try to find an audio version.")

WebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.lala.com/search/" + temp2)

the function takes you to lala with the search parameters you provided. Then you can try to play the song you want.

i'm probably pushing my luck...just wondering if there was a possible solution. Thanks!

This post has been edited by djkcel: 27 April 2009 - 06:10 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Privacy and "Flash" in a VB browser...?

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Privacy and "Flash" in a VB browser...?

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

Is the error generated by the Flash Player or by the web site?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

View PostCore, on 27 Apr, 2009 - 05:26 PM, said:

Is the error generated by the Flash Player or by the web site?

As far as I can tell, it's the web browser in the vb.net form. Because the song plays just fine on something like IE, firefox, etc. I didn't even know that VB.NET form browsers had flash. Maybe they don't have as full functionality as flash on firefox? Or different privacy controls? The error message honestly baffles me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:38 PM

I didn't even know that VB.NET form browsers had flash. Maybe they don't have as full functionality as flash on firefox?

VB.NET uses the WebBrowser control based on the current installed version of IE, so if you are using IE8, you will use the IE8 Browser Control. The pivacy settings in the control should be the same as in the main browser by default. Are general flash controls correctly displaying? Try visiting a web site that contains such controls (YouTube) and see if it works.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

View PostCore, on 27 Apr, 2009 - 05:38 PM, said:

I didn't even know that VB.NET form browsers had flash. Maybe they don't have as full functionality as flash on firefox?

VB.NET uses the WebBrowser control based on the current installed version of IE, so if you are using IE8, you will use the IE8 Browser Control. The pivacy settings in the control should be the same as in the main browser by default. Are general flash controls correctly displaying? Try visiting a web site that contains such controls (YouTube) and see if it works.

Yeah, works perfectly on IE and it's privacy controls are the lowest. Youtube and other players, like rhapsody, work just fine. Just my luck with another error, I guess. VB.net forms must not be able to load some flash components, such as certain streaming audio servers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1