9 Replies - 6286 Views - Last Post: 25 August 2005 - 07:57 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Flash Decompiler

Post icon  Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:30 PM

I authored an avi file in Camtasia studio and outputted it as an swf. However, one of the settings in my output was wrong. I want to open the swf and change one line of code. How can I do this? I don;t have the original AVI movies so cant do ity again in Camtasia.

I have a SWF movie (fscommand("fullscreen","true"); in which I placed a blank movie clip I called screen (640x419). I import swfs into this frames of timeline screen via a button. However, I authored the swfs in Camtasia Studion and didn't tick the allow resize button in camtasia. As a consequence when I import my swf into the movie it resizes the whole thing to 640x419.
Is there any way of opening the SWF and changing the code to allow resize or else converting the swf to an fla? Or can I over ride the "no resize" via actionscript?

This post has been edited by skyhawk133: 04 April 2005 - 07:50 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Flash Decompiler

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Flash Decompiler

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:48 AM

I have an SWF decompiler in my office. Send me a copy of the SWF and i probably could help you out if you havent solved the problem yet.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:49 AM

What decompiler do you use? We had a need for one a while back and I didn't know which one to use.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:01 AM

We use Sothink SWF Decompiler... pretty simple to use.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:58 AM

I tink that Sothink SWF Decompiler and Buraks ASV are the most known decompiler...and also the more powerful. There's also Imperator FLA that is interesting....even if I "hate" the decompilers...especially because too often they're used to stole part of code or entire works, and not only to recover lost FLAs from SWFs or only something :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:43 AM

I agree with you Broly. Decompilers are misussed many times, but what can we do? Macromedia made Flash an open standard software to enhance third party adoption. It's truely out of our hands as developers. :(

To protect our code the most we can do is make it look as complicated as possible and that can be a drag.

This post has been edited by reyco1: 06 April 2005 - 06:48 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:15 PM

Macromedia make swf as a free format, but not .fla, that "in teory" is prorietary...But I said "in theory" because MM when Imperator Fla has come out and also other decompilers has started to create fla from swf, hasn't moved nothing...they could make something more for "protect" their customers and developers, in my opinion :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:44 PM

I like Sothink SWF Decompiler as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:06 AM

I tried the sothink demo and it works pretty darn good. Haven't played to much with high end flash, but did some basic movies and had no problems.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:57 AM

dier02, on Jan 29 2005, 04:30 PM, said:

I authored an avi file in Camtasia studio and outputted it as an swf. However, one of the settings in my output was wrong. I want to open the swf and change one line of code. How can I do this? I don;t have the original AVI movies so cant do ity again in Camtasia.

I have a SWF movie (fscommand("fullscreen","true"); in which I placed a blank movie clip I called screen (640x419). I import swfs into this frames of timeline screen via a button. However, I authored the swfs in Camtasia Studion and didn't tick the allow resize button in camtasia. As a consequence when I import my swf into the movie it resizes the whole thing to 640x419.
Is there any way of opening the SWF and changing the code to allow resize or else converting the swf to an fla? Or can I over ride the "no resize" via actionscript?

I advise you use flash to video encoder.Flash To Video Encoder allows you converts any Macromedia Flash (swf files) to video movie AVI or mp4 or ASF file. The converting process allowing human interaction on Flash content during conversion.
http://www.geovid.co..._Video_Encoder/
Its easy to manage & using this prog you can add your logo to final video.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1