Please Check This PHP in Visual Studio
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PHP In Visual Studio?

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: PHP In Visual Studio?

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:37 AM

That's cool, I guess... but it begs the question: Why are you using PHP if you're using Visual Studio?

With C# and VB.NET as your default language options, why wouldn't you just use them? VS is basically designed to harness the power of the .NET framework, so using PHP basically defeats the purpose. Same story for JAVA, Python, etc.

I can see how having intellisense and PHP support in VS coule be useful - say if you're maintaining an existing site for a client. But if you're building something from scratch I find it hard to believe that you'd want to use anything other than C# or VB.NET.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:15 PM

View Postarthurakay, on 4 Jun, 2009 - 12:37 PM, said:

Why are you using PHP if you're using Visual Studio?

Take a quick tour of available hosts. You'll find PHP is ubiquitous. ASP.NET, on the other hand, is hard to find in the wild and they'll charge you for it. A LAMP server also runs on very minimal hardware, Windows is a glutton for something as trivial as the majority of web apps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:07 AM

"VS.Php lets those who enjoy using Visual Studio use their favorite IDE for PHP development. VS.Php also provides many unique features by leveraging the Visual Studio IDE like PHP/Javascript debugging."

That's a beautiful reason alone. VS has top-notch debugger and if it can apply to more languages, they'd become more accessible for people who trust in quick-to-install and run compilers instead of running around looking for packages and setting up apache servers to practice their hand at PHP.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1