9 Replies - 12882 Views - Last Post: 05 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

• Untitled
  • member icon

• View blog

VB.Net Certification

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:18 AM

can any one be a VB.Net Certification if yes then What is Needed for VB.Net Certification.

This post has been edited by noorahmad: 09 May 2009 - 03:50 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: VB.Net Certification

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: VB.Net Certification

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

View Postnoorahmad, on 5 May, 2009 - 12:18 AM, said:

can any one be a VB.Net Certification if yes then What is Needed for VB.Net Certification.

Ahmad, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but rumour has it we (professional VB programmers/architects) are going to be hung out to dry and that there will be a convergence of C# and VB within the next couple VS iterations (which can also be read as - no more VB) . The powers that be at MS appear to care as much about what we, the people who made them what they are, think and want as ... to pick a name not too randomly out of a hat ... say, the US government does.
I will (hopefully) be retired by then and will possibly start a counseling center for the ones who can't handle it. :rolleyes:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:04 AM

Have a look here:
http://www.microsoft...entsdotnet.mspx
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:13 AM

View PostMitchster, on 20 May, 2009 - 06:34 PM, said:

View Postnoorahmad, on 5 May, 2009 - 12:18 AM, said:

Ahmad, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but rumour has it we (professional VB programmers/architects) are going to be hung out to dry and that there will be a convergence of C# and VB within the next couple VS iterations (which can also be read as - no more VB) . The powers that be at MS appear to care as much about what we, the people who made them what they are, think and want as ... to pick a name not too randomly out of a hat ... say, the US government does.
I will (hopefully) be retired by then and will possibly start a counseling center for the ones who can't handle it. :rolleyes:

That's ridiculous. Convergence is being done for a number of excellent reasons -- cross-language compatibility, smaller codebase, etc. etc. Why would they want to eliminate a product that is doing well on the market?

Actually, MS is going in the direction of more .NET languages - F#, Python, Ruby, etc. If they are developing for such a small market as Ruby and Python, they would most certainly not ignore the VB market.

-Larry Watanabe
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• MrCupOfT
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:07 AM

vb.net & c# convergence explained.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:56 AM

MCSD was phased out long ago.

Working on the MCTS exams towards an MCPD is a good starting point. There are various certifications, they build on each other.
http://www.microsoft...ew-by-name.aspx

My friend was hiring recently, and said he didn't value them highly. Many people cheat their way through the exams, and employers know this. The term "paper MCSD" is still around - it infers that you have the certification on paper but don't know anything useful - no experience.

It's not going to secure you a job. It might help get you an interview. But then, having a portfolio of projects would do that too.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

Differences between VB.NET and C#.NET

Microsoft might be going to put an end for VB.Net, especially now it is focusing on C#, which has the SAME capabilities of VB.NET. Going back 8 years ago, Microsoft did pitch VB programmers when it migrated from VB to VB.Net. That was a real shock for VB programmers. After 8 years, VB programmers are still there, many of which had to migrate to VB.Net. Talking about myself, I had used Visual Basic 6 as my 1st language, but when Microsoft announced VB.Net and ended the VB series, I was shocked, not so long till I adapted VB.Net. Now it's not far that Microsoft replaces VB.Net with C#.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• MrCupOfT
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:15 PM

They're not going to replace vb.net with c#. The convergence means is the capabilities of the programming languages the will be the same.

Watch
PDC09: Future Directions for the C# and Visual Basic
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

quite funny reading these post years later
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• say what now
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

View Postkarlta05, on 05 September 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

quite funny reading these post years later

Fair point, but it's not really worthwhile resurrecting an almost four year-old post just to make a passing comment.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1