I Need Help

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 1816 Views - Last Post: 14 February 2005 - 09:45 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

I Need Help

Posted 13 February 2005 - 08:39 PM

alright if anyone can help please do. i am taking an online logic design course and the instructor only looks at the posts once a week and i'm stuck. i have two assignments due in a few hours.
these two programs only need to be in pseudocode. can anybody help me?

1st
You have been contracted by a small book store owner to write a program that summarizes the sales from a data file containing detailed sales data. Each record in the file contains the employee’s ID number, the number of items sold, the total dollar value collected for the sale, and the amount of sales tax for the sale. The client wants the report to output the number of items sold and the total dollar value minus sales tax for all sales, and the amount of sales tax collected for the week.

2nd
A small business owner needs a summary report of the health benefits for the employees. Use a data file containing the employee’s name, premium amount, and type of coverage. The type of coverage is a single character, S for single, M for a married couple, and F for a family with more than one dependent. The health care premiums are increasing and the owner would like the report to show how much more health insurance will cost per month. Single coverage is increasing 10%, married coverage is increasing 15%, and family coverage is increasing by 20%. Your report should list the employee name, the current premium amount, and the projected new premium. In addition, provide a summary that includes the grand total of the current and projected costs.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I Need Help

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: I Need Help

Posted 13 February 2005 - 09:27 PM

what i've got so far looks kinda like this...

start
perform housekeeping()
invRecord
num employeeID
num itemsSold
num ammountCollected
num salesTax
char mainHeading = "INVENTORY REPORT"
columnHeading = "ITEM'S SOLD SALE PRICE SALE'S TAX"

now i dunno where to go
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:46 AM

Sorry, did you say you needed pseudocode? What you've posted looks a little detailed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:45 AM

He wasn't asking for your opinion, he wants help putting it in to psedocode.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1