I Just Wrote a Short Story

I think it gets the point across.

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 289 Views - Last Post: 08 May 2009 - 06:20 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I Just Wrote a Short Story

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:52 AM

I doubt it will ever rank among Dumbo and Pinocchio, but hell; I tried.

I have an idea for a web-site. You can see the details here in the web development board. It's just an idea and something I want to try out. Well, I was talking to a friend about it and he asked me...

"Why would you want to make something like that?"

He kind of caught me off guard. I was like "Well...uh." :blink:

So I just started talking out my ass. I'm good at that; it's what I do best. I consider myself very witty so I told him a story justifying why I want to do it. When I first started telling it, I had no idea where I was going with it. But I found out a little ways in. :P

((Now, ask yourself: "Did he just tell me the story or do I keep reading for the real story?" Oh, the questions we will never know... :ph34r: ))

**Keep reading!**

A farmer sat in his hut one day. (Yes, this farmer lived in a hut.) He sat pondering life and the reason for his existence. His name was Herman; as irrelevant as that fact is. He thought to himself,

"Why do I work all day long and come home to eat a meal, go to sleep, and repeat everything the next day? It's seemingly pointless."

A nearby dung-beetle heard the farmer and came to confront him.

"Dear Ol' Farmer," The beetle said, "You know that the wheat that you produce is sent to the kings castle to be combined with other good foods to feed the village."

It was about this time that the farmer stepped on the beetle. I mean, he was pretty freaked out; what would you do?

But with the beetles last breath he continued...

"When the village gets fed, the children grow to be strong and smart to grow wheat of their own, but with better techniques that produce better quality wheat. It becomes their responsibility to provide wheat for the village until the next generation is grown. And every generation produces better products. It's for the love of the wheat, dear ol' farmer. When you decided you wanted to be a humble wheat farmer it was because you have a passion for wheat. Your wheat now, mixed with the other products produced by the village, will make for better wheat later in time."

The beetle died that day.

The humble farmer, astonished at the lung capacity of a dung beetle, continued producing wheat. Time went on and everyone from that time period died. The next generation produced more wheat and then they died too. Sooner or later the world came to an end and everyone died...

But they had some damn good wheat.

So I came to justify why I want to do it. I want to do it to bring people together to make something new. To make something bigger.

Needless to say, he was baffled. He didn't know what I was talking about at this point. So it all went to vain. Bleh...

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I Just Wrote a Short Story

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: I Just Wrote a Short Story

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:00 AM

I'm not reading that. Way to much reading for the time of day where I am at.
:spam:

This post has been edited by Holden117: 08 May 2009 - 05:00 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:05 AM

I just wrote it and its 7am here, lol. So don't lecture me on time. My bedtime is usually about 10pm!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:20 AM

I'll just do what everyone else does and post something nonsensical after reading the first couple of words while skipping the rest because it's too early in the morning.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1