Ergonomics AI

Thoughts and opinions

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 894 Views - Last Post: 13 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Ergonomics AI

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

I used to believe Microsoft incorporated some kind of "ergonomic AI" into their OSes/built-in games/software that would monitor mouse movements, keyboard clicks, mouse clicks, timings and yes, even the ferocity of your clicks to assess your mood and react accordingly. Don't even ask how I came to that conclusion, but does anybody think this is possible? I certainly do think it's possible, but I'm not saying that Microsoft incorporates it into their software.

Do you guys think it's possible or have you seen software that does this?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Ergonomics AI

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Ergonomics AI

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:39 PM

It's possible, but difficult... First of all, they would need paralell opperations within the system itsself (which was written in my favorite language, C, which doesn't have any multithreading capabilities)

One thing that can happen (ferocity of clicks for example) is that if there are more than 5 clicks in a second (sort of like the doubble-click option) it could realize that you're frustrated, so it will dump all of your files to a partition of your hard drive, then download a linux distrobution, install it, then restore your previous files. ;]

It's possible, but difficult... First of all, they would need paralell opperations within the system itsself (which was written in my favorite language, C, which doesn't have any multithreading capabilities)

One thing that can happen (ferocity of clicks for example) is that if there are more than 5 clicks in a second (sort of like the doubble-click option) it could realize that you're frustrated, so it will dump all of your files to a partition of your hard drive, then download a linux distrobution, install it, then restore your previous files. ;]

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

What makes me think it is possible is that they are using AI in games that try to predict what you will do next. This has to be possible on at least some level and somebody has at least had to have had the idea rattling around in their brain at some point; I'm no original thinker, after all.

Also, I remember reading several years ago how Microsoft was doing extensive studies into ergonomics and how people do their work. I find it hard to believe Microsoft would spend that much effort researching something that was just for one single selfless purpose.

This post has been edited by Pwn: 12 May 2009 - 08:25 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:02 AM

srry about my last post, my friends laptop lagged (stupid windows)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

View PostPwn, on 12 May, 2009 - 08:19 PM, said:

What makes me think it is possible is that they are using AI in games that try to predict what you will do next. This has to be possible on at least some level and somebody has at least had to have had the idea rattling around in their brain at some point; I'm no original thinker, after all.

Also, I remember reading several years ago how Microsoft was doing extensive studies into ergonomics and how people do their work. I find it hard to believe Microsoft would spend that much effort researching something that was just for one single selfless purpose.

Sounds interesting. Could you imagine the havoc if someone could hook into this for a multiplayer game? It'd be an even cooler aimbot. :o
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1