4 Replies - 363 Views - Last Post: 11 May 2009 - 11:10 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hi, I'm Notehead.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:43 AM

Hi there, dreamincode folks! I developed COBOL on a VAX for about 10 years before getting into Oracle SQL & PL/SQL. I've been specializing in supporting and doing back-end coding for a contracting product by I-many called CARS (Contracting And Reporting System) which is used in pharma and manufacturing.

If there's a subject less interesting and more unnecessarily complex than pharmaceutical contracting, it must be truly deadly! ;) I'm an experienced composer also and I'd like to learn more about the languages and techniques used for audio in the gaming industry.

Anyway, I'm glad to have DIC as an additional resource for code-related questions because I do like to finesse and streamline my code when time allows. Hopefully DIC will also be a resource for info about other positions and/or temp gigs in North and Central NJ.

By the way, I appreciate your insistence on proper English. It's so annoying to try to communicate with somebody who writes incompetent or sloppy emails or posts -- and it makes you wonder what their code must look like! :)

See you around,
Notehead

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hi, I'm Notehead.

• #include <greeter>
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hi, I'm Notehead.

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:26 AM

I totally agree with you there Notehead, by the way, welcome to Dream.In.Code! It's great to see another New Jersey member, I myself am from New Jersey. What part of NJ are you from?

Anyway, it's great to see you involved with COBOL and interested in SQL and Oracle. DIC has many helpful resources, ranging from knowledgeable experts to snippets and tutorials. You'll definitely be able to benefit from the extensive amount of resources we have here, I know I have.

It's very cool to see you interested in the audio gaming industry, sounds awesome! I'll be sure to let you know if there are any gigs or concerts around Central NJ that are worth attending.

Lastly, that's a similar pet peeve for myself, I feel an insistence on proper English is a basis for good communication skills.

I hope to see you around, thanks for joining!

-Drew
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Hello Notehead. Welcome to DIC. I'm glad you could join us.

Now you've made me a little bit nervous, in case I should misspell a word or something. :crazy: lol

Please tell us all about pharmaceutical contracting. It sounds so interesting! //kidding :D

You'll find DIC is a great resource not only for improving your coding skills and knowledge, but for all kinds of other computer-related information. We also like to share non-computer related information occasionally. So hang around and see what you can find out about us.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

Hi Notehead and welcome to Dream.In.Code

We all hope to see you active in the forums but if you somehow get bored, by all means, visit the Hang Out forums to relax and have fun. The forums can be found next to the Home link as well as the left side of screen.

Just remember to read the forum rules before posting. I would like to ask that if you post codes, could you please post them like this :code:. It just helps when reading long codes and trying to distinguish the question and the code itself. Also, tell us of any errors or such so we can maximise our help.

If you have any queries, post them in the Site Questions and Support forum and if you have feedback, please post your thoughts in the Site Feedback forum!

Looking forward to seeing you around. Thank you for joining DIC!

~Firebolt
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Untitled
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:10 PM

hi dear welcome to DIC.
hope you learn something from here and share you knowledge.
and please read rules of DIC before having a trip
the most problem that new users have, they are not pasting there code in :code: tag please remember it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1