we like it or we do it for the $

• (3 Pages)
  • +

37 Replies - 18710 Views - Last Post: 16 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How do you start coding

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Well, im not good at all in programming but would like to, i start it 1 year and programming for necessity actually, im mechanical engineer and want to be robot builder thats why im in. By the way guys who could help me in for graphical UI design i need for now buil some gauges in c#, and no google tutorial even msdn, are all poor explained.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#32 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

Have you checked the tutorials sections on Dream.in.Code?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

believe no, just how to draw rectangle and others shapes, pens and brushes, the main problem is to access a center origin of some shape like a ellipse for example. but still working in. accostumed drw in 2/3D modeling so the algorythm come roughly here ... i just need to sit and work in very well... sucks

This post has been edited by chaicomo: 10 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#34 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

Once you've read tutorials on DIC, if you are still encountering problems, you are welcome to open your own thread in the appropriate forum to ask for help. Please avoid using existing threads for your own help questions, though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 10 July 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

Once you've read tutorials on DIC, if you are still encountering problems, you are welcome to open your own thread in the appropriate forum to ask for help. Please avoid using existing threads for your own help questions, though.

Thank you, i will, just want to work more than i have, the programmers here are very demanding/critical/ or something like that,
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#36 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

I think everyone here is happy to help, we just expect people to put in the appropriate effort to learn and solve their problems. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

@OP I program because it looks cool =D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

I started coding back in highschool to cheat on my tests... At first I would put the answers to tests into the code blocks and just read out of them (algebra) and by trig I had figured out how to use if then and a= inputs etc user inputs to have my calculator calculate Pythagorean theorems and trigonometric functions. I think learning on a graphing calculator is the easiest way because it shows you how programming is related to algebra. And also, it is very simple.

Now I code in VC++/.NET 4.7/XML and a bit of C# ... but I never would have had the confidence to get started with them if not for my days cheating back in 04-05-06.

Even more importantly: I think it's very useful if you have an IDEA for what you want your software to do. Instead of just shooting in the dark, it helps to have an idea for what you want your software to do. For me: the software we use for remoting into computers is INCREDIBLY SLOW and that drove me to create software which I could use to move files around on our network, copy registry entries, install printers, copy files, command powershell, take notes, propagate drivers etc,,, since I had this idea from the get-go and the excellent help from this website .. I have already created a fully functional program which I now have included in my resume. I want my next job to be professionally programming in a creative capacity.

Programming is now one of my favorite art forms.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +