Introducing myself

introducing myself to the site and the users

Page 1 of 1

7 Replies - 1285 Views - Last Post: 28 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Introducing myself

Post icon  Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

Hello my friends. I am new to the site. I have started a dotcom company and have some large projects in mind. I do not plan to code them myself, would love to find a coder to work with. I am picking up books on HTML/ CSS and thumbing through them writing my own code. I dont want to know code, but I figured I should understand the process. I plan to graduate to reading and practicing on Javascript, AJAX, and PHP. I guess thats pretty in depth for someone who doesnt plan on being a code, but who knows, maybe itll suck me in.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Introducing myself

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Introducing myself

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

Hello Alani. (or is that Alan I?)
So you don't really like to code, huh? :huh: I don't understand that at all. But when I started college, I didn't know I was going to like coding, either. I wanted to do graphics. But programming sucked me in and now I can't get enough of it. Ok, well, I can, but anyway I love it. Just like a spouse or a kid, you can love it and be sick of it at the same time, can't you? lol.

Anyway I'm glad you're here. If you're looking for coders, DIC is lousy with us. :P

Have a look around the site and see who all you can meet. The coders here are just awesome!
:D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:58 PM

Hi and welcome to Dream.In.Code

We all hope to see you active in the forums but if you somehow get bored, by all means, visit the Hang Out forums to relax and have fun. The forums can be found next to the Home link as well as the left side of screen.

Just remember to read the forum rules before posting. I would like to ask that if you post codes, could you please post them like this :code:. It just helps when reading long codes and trying to distinguish the question and the code itself. Also, tell us of any errors or such so we can maximise our help.

If you have any queries, post them in the Site Questions and Support forum and if you have feedback, please post your thoughts in the Site Feedback forum!

Looking forward to seeing you around. Thank you for joining DIC!

-Firebolt-
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

View PostOliveOyl3471, on 13 May, 2009 - 06:56 PM, said:

Hello Alani. (or is that Alan I?)
So you don't really like to code, huh? :huh: I don't understand that at all. But when I started college, I didn't know I was going to like coding, either. I wanted to do graphics. But programming sucked me in and now I can't get enough of it. Ok, well, I can, but anyway I love it. Just like a spouse or a kid, you can love it and be sick of it at the same time, can't you? lol.

Anyway I'm glad you're here. If you're looking for coders, DIC is lousy with us. :P

Have a look around the site and see who all you can meet. The coders here are just awesome!
:D

"DIC is lousy", was that sarcasm? I said I dont like to code, however I love challenges and so far I can tell that challenges are a plenty when it comes to coding, so Im thinking Ill be sucked in no problem lol.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code

Thanks for joining Dream.In.Code, hope to see you around the forums someday :)

You have just stepped into the greatest programming community on the Internet, we have experts for just about every mainstream language, and even some languages that aren't so mainstream, so the level of expertise is second to none. All will be more than willing to help, as long as you too are willing to put forth the effort to solve your problem, and to go along the road to becoming a better programmer smile.gif

I would like to ask that when making a programming question that you first place your code inside code tags like this :code: . This makes it much easier to read through large pieces of code, and keeps your post a little more organized.

When posting a programming question first make sure you're in the first forum, then make sure you provide as much information as you can think of that would make it easier for a 2nd pair of eyes to help you debug your issue.

If you happen to get bored (I know, it's real hard to do here) you can check out our Off Topic Caafeine Lounge, the Corner Cubical, dedicated to industry talk, or the Student Campus, dedicated to all things for students.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact myself or another staff member, and we will be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

-Richard
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:42 PM

View Postalani, on 26 May, 2009 - 11:19 PM, said:

"DIC is lousy", was that sarcasm? I said I dont like to code, however I love challenges and so far I can tell that challenges are a plenty when it comes to coding, so Im thinking Ill be sucked in no problem lol.

No, not sarcasm. It was an attempt at humor. In fact, most of my posts here are meant to be humorous...or sarcastic. :)

I thought you might change your mind about coding. Welcome to the geek club. :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

Hello Alani,

I wish you well!! I am also a beginner in many ways!!! I also have dreams To sell a program to the public!!
I also dream of having a company or ranch in Brazil!!! I am someone who has worked out of his education
and and now trying to get back into CS. Presently I have something I want to take to an entreprenerial event
in Pittsburg and I am going crazy because I can't find some simple info on C++ speech recognition!!!!!

Catch you later,

Doug

http:\\users.zitomedia.net\~strandedviking
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Perfectly Squared ;)
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Hello dssmoland

I see that you are new here...and if you have to introduce yourself, please create a separate topic for your introduction...and please don't revive 3 year old posts!!!

Well, the user Alani hasn't been active since March 2010...so your introduction will not be of any significance to the user.

regards
Raghav
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1