Hosting Services for with Tomcat Server to Support Java, Spring, and F

I'm looking for a hosting service that has a Tomcat server to supp

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 796 Views - Last Post: 19 May 2009 - 10:25 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hosting Services for with Tomcat Server to Support Java, Spring, and F

Post icon  Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:03 AM

I'm building a Web site that uses a Java business logic layer with Spring and a Flex font-end. After some development I realized that there are no hosting services to be found that support Flex yet. Could I be wrong? I did find one that does with ColdFusion, but I'm not experienced with ColdFusion. Would you know of any that uses the Tomcat server? My Plan B would be to set up my own server, but I don't know anything about where to start? Would you know? I'm very familiar with the Tomcat server, I just don't know how to make my site live off of my own server.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hosting Services for with Tomcat Server to Support Java, Spring, and F

• blub

• View blog

Re: Hosting Services for with Tomcat Server to Support Java, Spring, and F

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

or just contact the web hosters if there is a possibility that they can install it (or what ever) on the server?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding is a lifestyle
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hosting Services for with Tomcat Server to Support Java, Spring, and F

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:25 AM

With a site like that you're probably going to be paying alot for the hosting anyways. Why not invest in a server/ server like machine, run linux on it and set up an apache server for yourself. That way you don't have to pay for it :D

Cheers

Also, there are plenty of tutorials out there on how to set up your own apache server. Also, things like suse enterprise will already come with it pre-installed so you don't even have to do too much.

This post has been edited by markhazlett9: 19 May 2009 - 10:26 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1