Page 1 of 1

Ulead GIF Animator 5: Making your smily cry Rate Topic: -----

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:59 PM

Open your character with Ulead GIF Animator 5. Iím using this:

Posted Image

Add frames until you have 8 frames total.

Posted Image

Zoom until your picture is big enough to see well. I zoomed all the way up for this picture, since it is so small to begin with.

Posted Image

Copy and paste your smily (or whatever character you are using) into each frame.

Choose your paintbrush tool. Settings: shape: square, size: 1, transparency: 0, soft edge: 0, line: squiggly, allow painting on transparent areas: checked.

Posted Image

Click on foreground color and choose light blue.

Posted Image

Go to frame 2. Right click anywhere on the canvas and create new blank object.

Posted Image

Paint a rectangle and add one pixel to the top left of the rectangle. Position this object near the corner of your characterís eye on the right (which will be his left eye since he is facing you), as shown.

Posted Image

To move the tear, use the pick tool. Make sure your tear object is highlighted at the right, then click and drag it to the correct position.

Posted Image

Copy and paste the tear into the next frame (frame 3). Move it down a bit and to the right.

Posted Image

Repeat for frame 4. This time position the tear near the bottom right corner.

Go to frame 5. Get your paintbrush tool again. Make another tear the same way you made the first one, this time facing the other way. Position it near the other eye.

Posted Image

Copy and paste the tear into frame 6. Move it down and to the left. Paste into frame 7, and move it near the bottom left corner.

Go to frame 8. Choose the eyedropper tool.

Posted Image

Click on a flesh-colored area near the eyes (in this case it will be yellow). Choose the paintbrush tool again (you can keep the settings the same as before). Paint over most of the eyes, leaving a thin line in the middle, as shown. If you are using a character other than a smily, you may want to omit this part. If so, simply delete frame 8. Right click on the frame at the bottom and click delete frame.

Posted Image

Adjust timing. Right click frame 1, at the bottom. Choose frame properties. Choose delay 10, removal method smart. Repeat for frame 8 if you haven't deleted it.

Posted Image

Left click frame 2. Hold down the shift key and click frame 7. Frames 2 through 7 should now be highlighted.

Posted Image

Right click on any of these frames, and choose frame properties. Choose delay 20, removal method smart. Preview just to make sure it is right. Make any necessary changes. Save as GIF.

Posted Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Ulead GIF Animator 5: Making your smily cry

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:05 AM

Great Work. I might write one for Fireworks :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -