Post icon  Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:37 AM

:pirate:

this be is my intro biz:

Name: Rebecca
Birthdate: 09/28/84
Sex: F
Height: 5’3”
Weight: 130 (?) –I really don’t know.
Hair: Blondish with Brown and Black streaks. Hard to say…
Eyes: Green
Education: Standard HS Diploma. Some community college.
Programming Languages: ActionScript 3 + minimal SQL
Years Programming/Designing: Hmmm… 1-2yrs?
Employer: AmCad, LLC
Hobbies/Interests: Playing pool, bowling, dancing, singing… and I am always on the internet researching, laughing and playing!
Favorite Bands: I like heavy/death/black metal and Industrial for the most part but also enjoy classical (Tchaikovsky and Chopin are my favorite!) and some others a bit.
Favorite Movie: Chaplin, anything by Charlie Chaplin, Army of Darkness, almost all Oliver Stone flicks, Polanski is pretty good…
Favorite Color: purple
Favorite Number: 8
Favorite Beverage: raspberry crystal light. Soda-wise I’ll go with Diet Mountain Dew. –That stuff is like crack! –or Sugar Free Redbull… can you tell I don’t do sugar?
Favorite Food: uh… I like to eat a lot of chicken and green beans with soy sauce and minced garlic. “it’s good and _good for you_!~”
Favorite Sport: hockey and soccer!
Favorite Phrase: wtf m8?!
Favorite Animal: my wonderful puppers, Jinx!
Favorite Video Game: oh, see now that’s a tie between all of the old school Kirby and Super Mario Bros games…
Favorite Quote: “it’s compatible with our orbiting brain lasers” and “there’s blood in my alcohol system”
Likes: Jinx! Metal and Industrial music! Nerdy, funny people! –the Intarwhebbernets of d00miness!
Dislikes: slow Intarwhebbernets of d00miness! –not being with Jinx! –judgmental, unfun people.
Last Good Book I Read: currently reading Decoding the Universe. It’s about Information Science. Good thus far…
If I Could Have One Superhuman Ability, It Would Be: Teleporting. I would _love me_ some teleporting!

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: introducing T3h r0x0rcist! (of d00miness)... see my other post for

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: introducing T3h r0x0rcist! (of d00miness)... see my other post for

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:50 AM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code

Thanks for joining Dream.In.Code, hope to see you around the forums someday :)

You have just stepped into the greatest programming community on the Internet, we have experts for just about every mainstream language, and even some languages that aren't so mainstream, so the level of expertise is second to none. All will be more than willing to help, as long as you too are willing to put forth the effort to solve your problem, and to go along the road to becoming a better programmer smile.gif

I would like to ask that when making a programming question that you first place your code inside code tags like this :code: . This makes it much easier to read through large pieces of code, and keeps your post a little more organized.

When posting a programming question first make sure you're in the first forum, then make sure you provide as much information as you can think of that would make it easier for a 2nd pair of eyes to help you debug your issue.

If you happen to get bored (I know, it's real hard to do here) you can check out our Off Topic Caafeine Lounge, the Corner Cubical, dedicated to industry talk, or the Student Campus, dedicated to all things for students.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact myself or another staff member, and we will be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

-Richard
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Black Hatter

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:53 AM

Hi Rebecca and welcome to Dream.In.Code.
It's always cool when we get another girl on this site, you seem really cool. Anyway glad you joined us here, and feel free to come and hang out with us in the Caffeine Lounge when you have the chance :)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:05 PM

View PostZerobu, on 19 May, 2009 - 10:53 AM, said:

Hi Rebecca and welcome to Dream.In.Code.
It's always cool when we get another girl on this site, you seem really cool. Anyway glad you joined us here, and feel free to come and hang out with us in the Caffeine Lounge when you have the chance :)

---

hahahah! -nice signature!

-i have a question... how do i get my IM label to come up in a different color? -i think my signature is good but i'd like the same effect on my DICIM label.

also, i've posted a question. do you know the answer or can you see my post?

~rebecca

---
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Black Hatter

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you want your IM label a different color, but your DICIM (or PM as it commonly called here) has the same functionality as the boards. So you can just click edit to add effects to your PM messages, and your sig should be included in it too. About your question..i'll take a look at it :)

This post has been edited by Zerobu: 19 May 2009 - 02:12 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:26 PM

View PostZerobu, on 19 May, 2009 - 03:11 PM, said:

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you want your IM label a different color, but your DICIM (or PM as it commonly called here) has the same functionality as the boards. So you can just click edit to add effects to your PM messages, and your sig should be included in it too. About your question..i'll take a look at it :)

I'm not sure where to find the "edit" part you're talking about. I don't see anything that says "edit" by the PM menu... *shrug* little help?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Black Hatter

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

I don't think you can change the color of the PM center if thats what you wanted. Ignore what i said before there is no "edit" in the PM center

This post has been edited by Zerobu: 19 May 2009 - 02:44 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

View PostZerobu, on 19 May, 2009 - 03:40 PM, said:

I don't think you can change the color of the PM center if thats what you wanted. Ignore what i said before there is no "edit" in the PM center

okay, look where it says who is online on the bottom left. see how some have colored names? -that's the goal i'm trying to accomplish here. i hope i'm not sounding too terribly confusing. i just see that a couple people have light blue or hot pink and i wanted to do that, too. not sure how to do it, though. -thanks for your help in any way.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Black Hatter

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

Okay, well the only way to get colored names is to earn a badge. The different colors correspond to the badge someone has. This link should explain it.

http://www.dreaminco...?p=about#badges
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

View PostZerobu, on 19 May, 2009 - 04:08 PM, said:

Okay, well the only way to get colored names is to earn a badge. The different colors correspond to the badge someone has. This link should explain it.

http://www.dreaminco...?p=about#badges

gotcha! -makes a lot more sense now as to why you can't simply edit. thanks for the help with that. now the whole ActionScript dilemma. argh...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Black Hatter

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

I wish I could help you with that, but i don't know anything dealing with ActionScript and Flash.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

View PostZerobu, on 19 May, 2009 - 09:07 PM, said:

I wish I could help you with that, but i don't know anything dealing with ActionScript and Flash.

meh. it's cool. not many do, it seems, especially since AS3 is *very* different from AS2. i'm sort of just hoping someone will pass by that actually knows what i'm trying to do. *shakes head*

i don't know it, so i pass little judgment. i'm just looking for answers here. i'm still a n00b.

^_~

thx anyhow!

~Rebecca
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

Army of Darkness ftw...