1 Replies - 1262 Views - Last Post: 23 May 2009 - 01:21 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Javascript to Dynamic AX

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

Hello fellas,

I recently got the opportunity to learn Dynamic AX. Everything will be paid for and there just awaiting my answer if I want to learn it.

My question is...
How hard is Dynamic AX?

I come from developing sites in HTML, CSS, Javascript, Ajax, XML, Json. I do understand some PHP and MYSQL but they aren't my specialty. I also have no ASP.net knowledge.

So as a development community, how hard do you think this is to learn? I've never heard of this code until yesterday.

If anyone could shed some light that would be great!

- Matt.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Javascript to Dynamic AX

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Javascript to Dynamic AX

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:21 PM

Well Dynamics AX uses the MorphX IDE and writes X++ which takes some eerie similarities to modern C# and LINQ. If you have a decent understanding of .NET languages then I don't think you will find it too hard. However if your .NET language knowledge is very limited, the learning curve might be a bit higher.

Your bigger problem is finding code examples and sources of information outside of any instruction they give you. X++ is not one of those mainstream languages you can just apply anywhere and is still relatively new. So not much documentation is out there to refer to when you get stuck. There are a few places that will help like Axaptapedia, but largely you will be on your own outside of that.

But if they are willing to pay for you to learn something, give it a try and see what happens. People paying to have you learn is always a win win for the developer.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1