New to DIC not to programming

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 412 Views - Last Post: 24 May 2009 - 11:21 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hey wats up?

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:02 AM

Hey everybody,
Like my desc says im not new to proggin, just DIC. I can do Java, VB, and C. Learning: C++ and hopefully PHP and Perl later on, maybe Python as well.

Im interested in both business application creation and maintenance as well as game development. I have been pretty much entirely self taught with Java and VB; took a class through my university for C and took my final a week after starting the class. I learn pretty quick when motivated haha.

I hope to be useful to the DIC community, thanks in advance for any help that the community offers for my questions.

GalenEvil

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hey wats up?

• ninja DIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hey wats up?

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:10 AM

Greetings GalenEvil.

Welcome to Dream in Code.
We are glad to have you here, and hope you will be an asset to our community.
There are many different forums to address your programming questions, along with many talented people to answer them. Anything non-programming related should usually be posted in the Caffeine Lounge.

In order to avoid people flaming and being rude, I would suggest reading the DIC rules before asking and answering in DIC forums..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Untitled
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:13 AM

hi dear welcome to DIC.hope you learn something from here and share you knowledge.and please read rules of DIC before asking Questions.
:code:

~Noor Ahmad~
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:55 AM

View PostGorian, on 24 May, 2009 - 12:10 AM, said:

In order to avoid people flaming and being rude, I would suggest reading the DIC rules before asking and answering in DIC forums..

First Gorian thank-you for the salutations and welcoming words :)
Second thing is that I write in every post like my boss is watching over my shoulder to see if I am staying on task. I also follow the Golden Rule that was taught waaaaaaaaaay back in elementary school and I don't really like people bein mean to me therefore I try not to be mean in return.

I forgot that I made an intro post prior to today, but oh well I have gotten a better response from this one haha.

Thanks again for the words of encouragement, I plan to use DIC as much as possible :D

GalenEvil
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• His name was Robert Paulson.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:26 AM

Hey there, welcome to the forums. You're officially a DIC-head now. xD

See you around the forums, and if you know some of the answer, help out dude! We need people to contribute! :pirate:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• ninja DIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

View PostGalenEvil, on 24 May, 2009 - 12:55 AM, said:

View PostGorian, on 24 May, 2009 - 12:10 AM, said:

First Gorian thank-you for the salutations and welcoming words :)
Second thing is that I write in every post like my boss is watching over my shoulder to see if I am staying on task. I also follow the Golden Rule that was taught waaaaaaaaaay back in elementary school and I don't really like people bein mean to me therefore I try not to be mean in return.

I forgot that I made an intro post prior to today, but oh well I have gotten a better response from this one haha.

Thanks again for the words of encouragement, I plan to use DIC as much as possible :D

GalenEvil

You are welcome. I will look forward to seeing you around the forums and such, and am looking forward to the input you have to give to make this site better and more beneficial to its users.

:ph34r: (just because ninjas are cool)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:21 PM

Hey! great to see a variety in languges.
Hope to see you around.
And welcome to DIC!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1