7 Replies - 527 Views - Last Post: 01 June 2009 - 06:09 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello World

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:21 PM

Just saying hi to everyone who uses this site, and even though I haven't really looked at the site thoroughly, it looks really impressive! [BTW pun intended on the title of this forum since Hello World is usually the first program you start out with, with any new language, so same with my first post :D ]
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello World

• Untitled
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hello World

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:32 PM

hi dear welcome to DIC.hope you learn something from here and share you knowledge.and please read
rules of DIC before Asking and AnsweringQuestions.
:code:

~Noor Ahmad~
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:37 PM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code

Thanks for joining Dream.In.Code, hope to see you around the forums someday :)

You have just stepped into the greatest programming community on the Internet, we have experts for just about every mainstream language, and even some languages that aren't so mainstream, so the level of expertise is second to none. All will be more than willing to help, as long as you too are willing to put forth the effort to solve your problem, and to go along the road to becoming a better programmer smile.gif

I would like to ask that when making a programming question that you first place your code inside code tags like this :code: . This makes it much easier to read through large pieces of code, and keeps your post a little more organized.

When posting a programming question first make sure you're in the first forum, then make sure you provide as much information as you can think of that would make it easier for a 2nd pair of eyes to help you debug your issue.

If you happen to get bored (I know, it's real hard to do here) you can check out our Off Topic Caafeine Lounge, the Corner Cubical, dedicated to industry talk, or the Student Campus, dedicated to all things for students.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact myself or another staff member, and we will be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

-Richard
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include <greeter>
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

Hey Ben, it's great to have you here at Dream.In.Code! I hope you enjoy all the valuable resources we have to offer, ranging from helpful experts to snippets and tutorials. What languages are you interested in? I hope to see you around the forums, posting, helping other members, thanks for joining!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

Well thanks for the welcome guys & girls. My programming experience is at a low novice level, I think, I am not sure how one would rate how well one can code, but I have programmed in: C, C++, Java, HTML, and Javascript
[yes I am aware that HTML, and Javascript are not real program languages, but script languages]
I am interested in not only adding on to what I already know in those languages, but also trying to add more languages, in general, to my brain. After a browse through some of the forum titles in the C & C++ Help Forum as well as the Java help forum, it seems that this is just the place to help me with those goals. It is a very amazing site! :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:43 PM

I have a question not necessarily concerning code, so I figured it would be best to ask here. About those cool little graphic boxes in PsychoCoder's signature, where do you find those at, because I've browsed through the forums, and a lot of people have ones that say their programming language, or whatever. TY to any who respond :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

this is a test post, because I have been trying to post new topis in the C/C++ forums and getting a 403 error page.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:09 PM

My best wishes! Welcome to D.I.C, it appears that your posting is working. Perhaps the 403 was a glitch? Well, this seems to work so no worries! Your already ahead of me in setting up your profile... you have a pic! Again, welcome to Dream.In.Code!
PS: If you feel like your on the computer, don't want to program, don't want to answer Q's, check out the "Hang Out" section at the top left.
PPS: I advise you look at the Caffeine Lounge, Free DIC Membership topic. Thats how I got my DIC++

View PostMC1Ben, on 28 May, 2009 - 09:43 PM, said:

I have a question not necessarily concerning code, so I figured it would be best to ask here. About those cool little graphic boxes in PsychoCoder's signature, where do you find those at, because I've browsed through the forums, and a lot of people have ones that say their programming language, or whatever. TY to any who respond :)

Heh, I asked the same question about two weeks ago.
You can Google forum signatures, it pops up with a few hosts.
I can reccomend http://www.usersigs.com/.
Thats where I got mine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1