3 Replies - 3934 Views - Last Post: 11 June 2009 - 06:36 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Problems with Strong tag since IE7

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:09 AM

I am a ColdFusion developer and my websites use the FCKeditor (a rich-text editor that is perfect for content editing). When someone clicks the bold button it wraps the text in the <strong> tag. One of my clients called me today saying that she would do that and it wouldn't show in bold. After looking at it I noticed that the tag works in Firefox, Safari, IE6, and IE8(in compatibility mode). I called my client back and asked what browser she was using and she said IE7, so it doesn't work in IE7 and IE8. Has anyone else run into this problem.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Problems with Strong tag since IE7

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Problems with Strong tag since IE7

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:05 PM

Might be a CSS issue. Check your CSS for syntax errors... IE is notorious for throwing hissy-fits with syntax errors in any language.

I've never heard of this particular issue, but it's just a thought.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:25 AM

View Postarthurakay, on 8 Jun, 2009 - 01:05 PM, said:

Might be a CSS issue. Check your CSS for syntax errors... IE is notorious for throwing hissy-fits with syntax errors in any language.

It isn't CSS. The code is <strong>Text</strong> or <b>Text</b> Not much syntax erroring there. I changed it to CSS for now, but the problem is that it is a rich-text editor that defined text for the site, that my client uses, so I can't constantly be going back and changing the code for them all the time, especially when I have 10 clients using the same editor on their sites.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:36 AM

View Postxheartonfire43x, on 11 Jun, 2009 - 06:25 AM, said:

View Postarthurakay, on 8 Jun, 2009 - 01:05 PM, said:

It isn't CSS. The code is <strong>Text</strong> or <b>Text</b> Not much syntax erroring there. I changed it to CSS for now, but the problem is that it is a rich-text editor that defined text for the site, that my client uses, so I can't constantly be going back and changing the code for them all the time, especially when I have 10 clients using the same editor on their sites.

My point was that the CSS for your < strong > tag might have a syntax error or is defined to not bold the text. I'm sure your HTML is fine.
Basically, just force your strong and bold tags to be the same in your css file:

strong,
b { font-weight: bolder; }

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1