2 Replies - 12957 Views - Last Post: 26 March 2010 - 07:57 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to find USB port number?

Post icon  Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:23 AM

hi every one, i must write a usb flash memory browser in assembly for my assembly lesson project at university, it means my program must be able to browse the flash memory and show its content to the user, and user can manage the memory,user must be able to delete,move,and ...,but my problem is that i dont know the USB port Number,if any one have exprerience with USB programming in assembly please help me to find the port number.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to find USB port number?

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to find USB port number?

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

well probably the best source of programming info for USB is this book. It is C based but is still a very good reference.

Note that if you are on a particular platform then there is generally an API associated with USB and it would be best to use that rather than using the hardware directly.

another great resource us www.usb.org -- see their developer docs section
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Guest_Ben*

Re: How to find USB port number?

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:57 AM

View Postmail2mohsen@gmail.com, on 29 May 2009 - 04:23 AM, said:

hi every one, i must write a usb flash memory browser in assembly for my assembly lesson project at university, it means my program must be able to browse the flash memory and show its content to the user, and user can manage the memory,user must be able to delete,move,and ...,but my problem is that i dont know the USB port Number,if any one have exprerience with USB programming in assembly please help me to find the port number.

Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1