1 Replies - 502 Views - Last Post: 13 July 2009 - 09:21 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Accessibility on the Web

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

Hello all,

I need to do an ethical paper on accessibility on the Web (or accessibility with technology in general). Although it is a no-brainer that always aiming to make websites accessible IS the way to go, I was just wondering if anyone here could, perhaps, point out some real-world examples of any negative aspects of making Web sites accessible. I personally could not think of any, but maybe some of you who have worked in the real world can point out some you've stumbled across. The reason I need examples of the cons of accessibility is to describe some of the counter arguments that are out there and to get a little into WHY some companies would still choose/prefer to not make their sites accessible (even with the existence of Section 508). Also, if a Web site is not very accessible, is the company breaking a law, or is it simply being unethical?

Any ideas/brainstorming in general would be greatly appreciated...thank in advance!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Accessibility on the Web

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Accessibility on the Web

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:21 AM

I don't know if you're still looking for an answer to this question, but Target got sued because their website was inaccessible to color-blind users. The suit wasn't too long ago, so just do a quick Google search and you'll find the info.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1