2 Replies - 1184 Views - Last Post: 31 May 2009 - 01:23 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Making a Text-based web game

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:42 AM

Hello,
I am bound to make a text-based webgame, I am just a beginner i just hoped to have 1000+ vistors or member come to this game :P. Not hoping for earn much money
i found pretty good webhost, I made a Data-base with mysql and made a member system with php. I had my game design of starting off from a small ship, trade, do quest, buy bigger ships, build/join clans, battle, make clan wars (with some ramdom pirates), etc........

Is this enough for a start off to make a mini text-based webgame??
any stuff need more?

BTW how to generate a random number/page for confirming activiate account??(I know how to send an email with php)

This post has been edited by Hayman: 30 May 2009 - 05:45 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Making a Text-based web game

• GAME OVER. NERD WINS.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Making a Text-based web game

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:36 AM

You can always do more to make the game better, and if you keep doing that you'll never get the game launched. :D I would suggest improving the game to your satisfaction, then releasing it on teh web. There's no reason for development to stop once the game is released, as long as you can figure out how to update the features while the game is live. People like pictures a lot, so since you've got the skeleton of the game set up, azdding pictures would probably be the next step. :D good luck!! and welcome to DIC!!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• $bert = new DragonUnicorn(); $bert->rawr();
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Making a Text-based web game

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:23 AM

and study up your php. if your trying to make user authentication and user integration with clans and all of that shananagans then a better understanding of php will be needed
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1