Transfering data between forms

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1627 Views - Last Post: 30 May 2009 - 01:45 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

Hello Coders, how are you today? I am having a problem with multi forms i can only get the data from my main form to appear on other forms but not data from secondary forms on to the main form i have tried global variables but no luck , also getting the listbox items to be copied i can only do it by using the .show command to open the the main form again from the secondary form. I'm using the select case method ??? i have attached what i have got so far if anyone would like to look

Attached File(s)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Transfering data between forms

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Transfering data between forms

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

View Postdavonecuts, on 30 May, 2009 - 09:01 AM, said:

Hello Coders, how are you today? I am having a problem with multi forms i can only get the data from my main form to appear on other forms but not data from secondary forms on to the main form i have tried global variables but no luck , also getting the listbox items to be copied i can only do it by using the .show command to open the the main form again from the secondary form. I'm using the select case method ??? i have attached what i have got so far if anyone would like to look

okay if both forms are open then no problem... just use this

me.richtextbox1.text = someotherform.richtextbox1.text

if you close one then you will need to use your apps settings or a save method of somekind.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Transfering data between forms

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:45 PM

View PostAsscotte, on 30 May, 2009 - 09:05 AM, said:

View Postdavonecuts, on 30 May, 2009 - 09:01 AM, said:

okay if both forms are open then no problem... just use this

me.richtextbox1.text = someotherform.richtextbox1.text

if you close one then you will need to use your apps settings or a save method of somekind.

i will try that ,app settings of what kind from the propeties window?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1