4 Replies - 355 Views - Last Post: 02 June 2009 - 04:13 AM

• Garbage Collector

• View blog

Newest Member, Saying Hi!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hello all!

Just signed up about 15 minutes ago, and already left a whopper of a code over in the Python forum. Okay, it's not truly a whopper, but it's over 300 lines of Code and for me that's ENORMOUS.

Which brings me to talking about myself. My name is Zachary, but my friends and everyone else calls me Zack. You can too if you'd like. I'm 19. I'm new to this programming thing, but I'm usually a quick learner, and I'm very eager to learn about multiple languages. I just finished my Freshman year in College, so I'm only 3 years away from getting a Bachelor's in Compute Science w00t! Seriously though, before college I had never programmed before. I've just always been interested in Computers, so that's what I wanted to major in. I'm an easy going person, but have a lot of life in me. I run Track, and love every single minute of it. I'm a Sprinter and actually quite good.

Let's see... what else? Oh! I'm also really into Video Games. Hoping one day to be able to use my 1337 Programming skills to make video games. I'm a long way off of that though (proof of that is in the Python forum)!

Well that's really all I can think of right now! If you want to know anything else just ask! Also, don't hesitate to post a little bit about yourself in here too. I'd like to get to know you all, and hopefully learn a lot from you!

:pirate: Argh!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Newest Member, Saying Hi!

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Newest Member, Saying Hi!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:44 PM

Hello Zack
I would encourage you to Go with your dreams and do not allow anyone to tell you anything different. You are only limited in your mind by your own mind, so do not limit yourself, thus this means don't listen to others on what you can and can not do, You can do anything as long as you set your mind to it, a positive mind set will bring you to places that you dream of and they become reality, a wise woman once told me to think not only with your mind but use your mind, boy, heart and soul to bring you to a perfect balance in life, yes you will hit obstacles along the way for if it were all easy everyone would do it, thus you have chosen a path..ask yourself why you took that path, is it for money, knowledge, self gain, self gratification, what is it and why....Is the path yours or someone else, follow your own path and it will be the truth and the truth will set you free from all, karma once again plays a huge role in everyone's life, so be careful on how you approach others and think before you speak for repercussions can be huge from a single statement that is not thought out first. I wish you the very best in your journey to gain knowledge, us the tools that are before you and in you, your MIND. and of course the internet it helps with learning. Go to free sites to download languages if that is what you are interested in doing, there are many sites on the net that allow you weeks free and you can down load any language you want, listen to it and read it aloud, then play it while you sleep your mind listens while you sleep you will awake knowing things that you didn't before you went to sleep, Thus my knowing four languages in less than a year. and I am 42, never to old to learn something new especially if you have passion to learn it. So go get em tiger, its in you that you will find yourself and your true path in life!
Hope to be of a little help.
God bless and be good!
John Michael
The Wise woman's picture is attached she is the love of my life and with Gods blessings she will become my wife some day soon!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Garbage Collector

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

Thanks man! Well put! :^:

I do plan on taking your advice. I'm definitely going to put my all into Computer Science and programming.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Everybody's crazy but me!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:07 AM

Hello Zack. It is nice to meet you.

Welcome to Dream.In.Code, where all your coding fantasies come true! //well, maybe not all of them, just the ones involving supersloth ;)

If you really want to get to know the other DIC heads (yes, that's really what the members of this site are called!) then check out the other forums. There's a lot of us who hang out here quite a bit. Heh, I think that's why Chris made me a greeter. I'm here all the time anyway, might as well do something useful like saying 'hi' to the newbies. ;)

Have fun!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:13 AM

Hi Zack and welcome to the DIC community!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1